Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Kindergardens in Discovery Bay

Lue
    Lue is offline Registered User

Kindergardens in Discovery Bay

Hi All,
    I'm moving to HK (Discovery Bay) from Denmark in October with my husband and daughter (who will be around 2,5 years old at that time). Are there anybody who have heard good or bad things about the Kindergarden "Sunshine House"?

Or is there anybody who have heard of alternative good kindergardens in Discovery Bay?
    Kind regards lue

jane01 is offline Registered User
    I can't make any recommendations, but will be watching with interest to see which kindergartens are better. Here are the ones I know of:

* Sunshine House, as you mentioned
    * Discovery Mind Kindergarten
    * Can't remember the name, but a new Montessori kindy is opening up next term
    * Discovery Bay International School has nursery classes from 3 years old - I think you have to have been on the waiting list since birth or jump the queue with an expensive debenture (around HK$1million)

veronica is offline Registered User

kindergardens in Discovery Bay

I have heard good things about sunshine house, people seem to be quite happy with their choice, my personal experience has been in DMK and have only good things to report their approach and professionalism. DBIS is also very good if you can get a place.
    you can't go wrong in DB!!!

Lue
    Lue is offline Registered User

Re: kindergardens in Discovery Bay

Originally posted by veronica
    I have heard good things about sunshine house, people seem to be quite happy with their choice, my personal experience has been in DMK and have only good things to report their approach and professionalism. DBIS is also very good if you can get a place.
    you can't go wrong in DB!!!
    Dear Veronica,
    Thank you so much for your reply. It sounds great that I can't go wrong in DB! I think I'll give DMK a call as well as Sunshine House.
    Kind regards Lue

BUGLASS40 is offline Registered User
    I taught in Sunshine House Kindergarten from 1994 to 1997 and have only fabulous things to say about the staff, the school and the owner. Working there changed my whole career plan and I enjoyed every minute of it. Couldn't suggest a better start for your children.

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    Mountainview Montessori is also great and has much smaller classes if that is a consideration for you.

Narayanism is offline Registered User
    Hello folks

My elder daughter has been attending pre-school classes at Woodlands Caine Road on Hong Kong island - we love the Montessori system.

We're now moving to DB in July 2011.

I found this discussion very insightful and will really value your advise on the Discovery Montessori School at DB North.

Thank you! - Priya