Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

first baby in HK

winston is offline Registered User

Lightbulb first baby in HK

We are to-be parents moving to HK from the UK and my wife will give birth there in August. We are both HK citizens so presumably she can give birth in any government hospital just like every parents in HK and our offspring will be a HK citizen too. Can someone tell me how do we sign up for pre-natal care and a hospital? How long overdue after EDD before the woman is induced in HK?

Many thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    Hi Winston,

Welcome back to HK! If you're planning on going through the Gov't system, you'll need to make an appt at one of the Gov't Maternity clinics. Here's the list of clinics in Kowloon, call the one closet to you ASAP.

http://www.geobaby.com/resources/Hon...ics/index.html

You'll need to show your ID cards (both you and yr partner) and a letter from your Dr confirming your pregnancy.

Rani

public hospitals

We are agonizing whether to go private or stick to government hospitals. Any suggestions as to good government hospitals or do we have to go to the nearest one i.e. in Kowloon Tong?

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    Winston,

If you live in Kowloon Tong, I think the nearest public hospital is likely to be Queen Elizabeth, which has a good reputation for being sensitive to the needs of the birthing woman and her family. They also have a Midwives Clinic.
    http://www.ha.org.hk/qeh/og_os.html

Phone numbers are listed here:
    http://www.ha.org.hk/qeh/og_gen.html

Good luck!

Graham is offline Registered User
    So far my wife and I have been very impressed by Queen Elizabeth Hospital. The labor rooms are very modern and comfortable and the staff actively encourage husbands to be present during birth, unlike some other Government hospitals.

My wife is due to give birth to our first child any day now, so I'll be able to give a better review of the hospital after the event.

Graham

hkgirl is offline Registered User
    I am pregnant and will be giving birth at Queen Elizabeth hospital. I am very impressed with them so far and a friend of mine gave birth there with complications a couple of months ago and she was very happy too. Her premature baby was very well taken care of.

They promote breastfeeding and the husband in the room for labour so that is nice.

With a HKID everything is included and the only charge is $100HK per day that you stay in the hospital. They recommend 3 days for first time mothers with a normal vaginal birth. You see a different doctor at each check-up, but they have all been great and speak English so far! If you have time you can attend an English tour and information session to acquaint yourself with the hospital before you give birth. They will tell you about it at your first appointment.

Good luck with everything.

rani is offline Administrator
    Winston,

Have a read through this thread on QE hospital

http://forum.geobaby.com/showthread.php?threadid=104705

Rani

many thanks for the info on QE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top