Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

moving to HK with seven-month-old

j_s
    j_s is offline Registered User

moving to HK with seven-month-old

hi,

I posted on another part of the boards but it looks like everyone's here!

I'm moving over from Melbourne in late June for six months with my seven-month-old son. I won't be working while I'm there and I'd love to meet up with other mums with babies around the same age - expat or locals, but I only have English.

we'll probaby be living in or around Causeway Bay (I'm hoping for Leighton Heights, husband may have other ideas).

I'm in a mothers' group here and have several friends with babies and I really enjoy having other women to talk to, and babies for my baby to play with. if there are any organised playgroups in that area too, I'd be keen on those.

even if that doesn't happen, I should introduce myself here anyway; my name's Jenny, my baby is Alexander and my husband is Andrew. we're from Melbourne, and this will be our first "expat" experience.

looking forward to chatting with you all.

strong is offline Registered User

Hello

Hi Jenny,

My name is Larissa, my daughter Grace and my husband James. We are all moving to HK in late July for 2 years. At the time we move my daughter will be 8 1/2 months.

At this stage we think we will be living in a place called Discovery Bay or maybe somewhere in central (haven't quite decided). I have posted on the site for advice on this from other mum's.

I am also from Melbourne! Elwood actually. I would like to meet up in HK, I am also part of a great mother's group here and get alot out of talking to the other mum's. Great to meet new people and it will also be our first ex-pat experience. Where in Melbourne are you from? Perhaps we could meet up before you leave for HK?

Anyway, good to hear your story as it sounds similar to our's.

Larissa

j_s

hi! I'm in North Fitzroy. we lived in Elwood for much of my pregnancy - I loved it there.

Discovery Bay is a bit further out, isn't it? most likely we'll be somewhere on the island. Andrew's office is in Kowloon Bay and he doesn't want to travel too far. it's a balancing act between being somewhere we can get access to all that big city-ness, and somewhere it will be nice for me to be during the day with the baby.

if you want to email me, try jennysinclairATgmail.com (put an @ in) and I'll send you my phone number.

cheers.

rani is offline Administrator

Hi Jenny,

Warm welcome!

Don't worry there's lots happening here. The American Women's Association organise fun actitivies for moms/kids, you can check their website www.awa.org.hk for upcoming events. They have a monthly coffee morning - Mingling Moms. D and I have made some great friends through the Assn.

The Australian Assn also has a playgroup. There are also a lot of activities in Causeway - Little Dynamites, MyMusikBox and Childz Play. They are all listed in the Resource Directory. Let us know when you get here and we can also organise a GeoBaby gathering.

Rani

j_s

thanks for the welcome, Rani.

my son is so little I won't be going to many formal "classes" but when we know where we'll be (my husband is coming over tomorrow partly to check out places), I'll come back and chat more!

cheers,

Jenny

emilyc is offline Registered User

Hi Jenny,

I am Emily. I am from HK but lived in North Carlton for 10 yrs. Now I live opposite Leighton Hill. Leighton Hill is a really nice estate with swimming pools and top of the range facilities. I have a 10 mth old. I work full time but let's meet when you are actually here.

Emily

HKFooey is offline Banned

Hi

I am originally from NZ but have been here for about 8 years.

My son sounds the same age.

Unfortunately I have to work but we have a monthly saturday afternoon mums, dads & bubs playgoup on the south side of HK Island in Stanley.

Let me know if you are interested

j_s

hi,

Leighton Hill is on our shortlist - well, mine, my husband isn't so sure. but he's checking it out this week. Shama Causeway Bay is also possible - that's close, isn't it?

and it would be nice to get the dads together too. really looking forward to meeting you all!

Jenny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast