Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

private tutor for teenager

ummandahh is offline Registered User

private tutor for teenager

Hi All

Can anyone advise me how to go about obtaining someone to tutor my 14 year old son? we will be arriving beginning of July from the UK. The school my son attends has provided us with work for him to do during the 2-3 months we will be in HK. I can't tutor him myself without throttling him!! so need someone with endurance and endless patience.

Also what is there to do for boys of his age?, we will likely be staying in the new territories somewhere he is not particularly sporty, but likes blading, and would probably like to try surfing or similar.

Lastly, my other son is only 3yrs, any tips for finding good nursery/playgroup places.
    Phew!! that's it................
    Cheers
    Karen

rani is offline Administrator
    Karen,

Am sending you the contact info of a tutor that might be able to help.

There are a number of Kindergartens for your younger boy, whereabouts in the NT will you be staying?

Rani

Thanks Rani for the info. I have a couple of names now!!

We are still investigating living arreangements!!

We kind of liked the look of Discovery Bay, although I have heard people say that it is a bit soulless (and expensive) I'm not sure that short term accomodation is available there either.

Can you give any tips re: where might be good for newbies to live, i.e not too crowded or polluted, safe with lots to do for children. As I am not going to be working it would be nice if there were other ex-pats about to tutor ME.

Thanks again for your help

may
    may is offline Registered User
    Which particular subject your're going to let your son learn in a private tution?
    Does he has behaviour problems which u want the tutor to tackle to?
    ( Not sure I can help in recommend somebody or not)

If you're planning to rent/buy a flat in Discovery Bay,I think my friend can help,he is very kind and reliable. Pls let me know.

Hi May
    Thanks for your reply. My son is 14 and has been given work for the new term by his school, for example he must study Romeo and Juliet for his English GCSE, he also will have work in Maths and Science.

He does not have special needs or any other impediment other than being a typical teenager i.e doesn't want to do any work!!

We are looking for a 3 bed flat in DB from beg July to end Sept/beg October.

fredsquire is offline Registered User

Reasonable Oxford-student tutor

Hello,
    I'd be more than willing to tutor your son. I'm young, enthusiastic but experienced and love working with kids. Please contact me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I will email you a resume. You can also find my resume at hkclassifieds.com under the "services" section. I charge around $200 an hour.

hmmmm.......as for relieving boredom.........
    I know there are skate parks around. Some kids skate near the harbour in TST by that quite modern looking developement. There's also a little park used by skaters at the bottom of morrison hill in the causewaybay/wanchai area, just by Wan Chai primary school and the swimming pool. There are loads of day nurseries around for the little'un. I've been trying to get some work at them! Just try a few search engines.

Hope I've been a help.

Fred

may
    may is offline Registered User
    ummandahh,
    I've discussed with my friend already. I'm sorry since he is very busy recently and might not be able to help u in renting a flat.