Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

too young for swimming classes?

jiyoungchoo is offline Registered User
    Midlevel west

how many months did your daughter take that class? I am thinkig of taking that class for my daughter - she will be 8 months old soon. How long it will take for the baby to swim? Do they teach the baby turn over and breathe and then keep swimming?

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by jiyoungchoo
    Where can I get that DVD? I have searched, however, they did not have that DVD.

Thank you.
    We sell WaterProof kids on ShopinHK
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

annaswim is offline Registered User
    i have worked with a learn to swim program from Australia and we start babies swimming at 3 months. The key is that the earlier they start the easier it is for their body to adjust to floating and becoming buoyant naturally.
    Often kids who start later can learn, however the older they get the more chance of developing a aquaphobia. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I think, as others have said, it all depends on how comfortable your son is in the pool. My 4 1/2 year old has just started swimming lessons with a private instructor. She can quite happily float around in her ring without an adult holding on to her and the ring! - which is what we had to do all of last summer, so we felt that she was ready for lessons this year. She has a 1 hr lesson twice a week with her 4 year old cousin, and because it's just the 2 of them, the instructor can give them lots of individual attention, and they also give each other encouragement as well, so it seems to be working out well.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    You should easily be able to begin a 4 year old in every sport you mentioned. Just do a you tube search to see 3 and 4 year olds playing great tennis, swimming or doing gymnastics. Better to start them early and see what they like. I probably would pick two sports at a time or you risk over scheduling them from a young age.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123