Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Anybody use a double jogging stroller in HK?

ANYC1 is offline Registered User

Anybody use a double jogging stroller in HK?

Jogging strollers are so much easier to maneuver on holidays etc. And even if one doesnt jog, they're just great strollers.

Im at the stage I need to buy a double stroller. The Maclaren and the Peg Perego Aria options exist ofcourse, but they are a pain to maneuver.

Just wondering if anybody out there uses a DOUBLE jogging stroller for trips to the club, parks, malls etc???

Im considering the Instep TT Safari. It costs just US$199 (a STEAL!!!) including shipping. It is 32 inches wide

The Maclaren twin TRaveler (the regular one i.e not jogging) is 29" wide)

The Mountain Buggy Urban jogging stroller is almost US$600 at 29 inches (ONLY) wide.

Any suggestions on the practicality/impracticality of using a jogging stroller in HK?? (Apart from the problem of folding and storing a huge monster in an apartment?)

Thanks ANYC
    Last edited by ANYC1; 06-18-2004 at 04:57 AM.

Slee is offline Registered User
    I only have one child but use both a jogger stroller and a Peg Perego Pliko.

While the jogger stroller is great for where we live - Lamma Island, where there are no cars just wide paths and rough terrain - I would never dream of taking it into downtown Hong Kong. It is just too big for trying to fight a path through the crowds, and as Hong Kong is built on a slope carrying it uphill to Hong Kong Park for example would be a nightmare. There are a lot of steps about so it's size and weight makes it quite difficult to negotiate them. As for travelling, it would be a huge portion of your weight allowance, unless you are flying business.

In summary, if you're planning on living Midlevels or Happy Valley then you might not use it much. If you live on the Southside, New Territories our Outlying Islands then it will be useful but just for around the neighbourhood and in Country Parks.

I see that you've been eying up a Mountain Buggy from my homeland New Zealand. Have a look at the following buggy:
    https://secure.intellihost.co.nz/phi...amesetedub.htm
    These have taken over from the Mountainbuggy in NZ as being in vogue as they fold down into a size that can fit into your boot and you can convert it between double and single mode really easily. Whoever is sitting in the back won't be able to see so well though! They're available in the UK so I'm guessing they must sell in the States as well. If you really fall in love with the idea, I could always ask someone to ship it for you.

Good luck with your move :-)

sweet is offline Registered User
    i've ordered a jogging stroller from london when i was pregnant with my 3rd child. she is 7 months now and the stroller is still new in the original box. the reason is that we've moved to the mid-levels and it is just too difficult to use one of these here . btw, the stroller is called asahi twister 3 by hauck. i am thinking about selling it cheap because i do not think that i will be able to use iit f we stay in mid-levels. please let me know if anyone is interested in viewing the stroller.

ANYC1 is offline Registered User
    Hi sweet, we are going to be a the midlevels too. I guess Im going to setlle for the Maclaren because it is compact and Ive decideded there must be a good reason why it is so popular.

Thanks for your offer
    ANYC