Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mosquitoe repellent

Connie Wong is offline Registered User

Smile Mosquitoe repellent

I am wondering what kinds of mosquitoe repellents you guys are buying for your toddlers. I have been using the Mustella mosquitoe cream which is quite effective in driving away mosquitoes. however it is almost used out and i've been informed by the sales at the mustella counters that they no longer have those on the shelves because the European market isn't in great demand for it.

How about other brands of mosquito cream? Should i buy those with or without deet? I've read on the net that DEEt is by far the most effective and proven way of driving mosquitoes. but where can i buy those cream?

Many thanks for your advice.
    Connie

i'm not s

armstroe is offline Registered User
    I've had a lot of success with "Walkabout" an Australian brand that is essential oil based. You can buy it at Footstop at Coda Plaza.

On my baby I've been using the suncream and insect repellent by California Baby. I bought it from All Things Healthy in the Centrium

For my elder daughter I use an essential oil I buy from Asia Pacific Aromatherapy (15/F Lucky Building, 39 Wellington St Central). Just a few drops in an avocado cream I also buy from them. I have been using for over a year. It's excellent.

Last year I also got Juilia Mackenzie, a homeopath with the Vitality Centre to make up some "mosquito" drops for my elder daughter. She has always reacted badly to bites.

So far, since using these and the oil religiously, we've been mossie free.

Zee
    Zee is offline Registered User
    I use a French brand called Vendome on my 2 year old. You can get it from Wing Onn.

Connie Wong is offline Registered User
    Many thanks!

I'll go to buy some of the names mentioned and have a try.

Connie

micamira is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Natural repellent

Recently on TV there was a program that talked about Catnip oil as a natural mosquitoe repellent. I did some research on the net and found out that Catnip oil' repellent quality is actually 10 times more effective than DEET! And it is also safer as the chemical DEET can be absorbed through the skin - and too much of it can cause seizures and other things on kids. Cats also go crazy with this stuff...actually that is Catnip's main use, but it is also used in cooking in France - very interesting stuff. You can inform yourself more about it on the net.
    As for me - a previous user of Mustela mosquitoe repellent and down to the last drop now - will continue with my research and hopefully find the oil or the plant and experiment with it.