Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Playgroups in DB

jane01 is offline Registered User

Playgroups in DB

In last month's Inside DB magazine there was a comprehensive list of playgroups, for children starting as young as 18 months. Does anyone know whether any of these playgroups are for parents(helpers) and children, or are they playgroups where the children are left. I just feel that 18 months is a bit young to leave my little girl (parental separation anxiety obviously). I have heard about First Friends at the Marina Club, but as we're not members, was wondering if there are any others.

Thanks for your help

JennyB is offline Registered User

My friend used to run a playgroup in DB (has now left) and she said mums used to sometimes stay, especially at first, and each time would reduce the duration that they stayed, as the child got more comfortable. I can imagine that some teachers wouldn't like this though, so I think you'll have to approach them individually. Unless anybody else replies with other information, I think for groups designed to include mothers you might have to arrange it informally (try advertising on notice boards), and there are always classes for Kindermusik, swimming etc at the residents club.