Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

getting around hk

rani is offline Administrator
    Lily,

I tend to carry a lot. But actually this last week he's getting better at walking. I've strained my back so I explained this to him I thought he'd give in and sit in the stoller but he'd rather walk....YEAH!
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Hi Mellie,

If you're going to live in Mid-Levels or Pokfulam, you're not stroller walking distance from an MTR station. In Mid-Levels you might use the double stroller for walks along your street (on the flat) if there are any shops or playgrounds nearby, but the hills are so steep a lot of the pavements have steps on them. I had a friend visiting from Japan with twins recently who was extremely frustrated trying to find a route from Central to Robinson Road with a double stroller, having to avoid steps! Pokfulam is also hilly so I doubt the double stroller would be very useful there.

I live in Discovery Bay and lots of people have doubles here - apart from getting around locally, it is easy to get on/off the ferry and there are quite a few places you can reach in Central from the ferry pier without encountering steps. Better than carrying a child AND shopping. There are probably other stroller-friendly areas on the south side of HK island too.

Mellie is offline Registered User
    Hi JennieB,

Thanks for the useful information. My husband and I have thought about DB, as it is really convenient for him to get to work and we thought it might be a good place for me to make friends etc. With the kids so young we thought living in MidLevels or Pokfulam would be better, not so much distance to cover...but having 2 small ones creates some difficulties.

Maybe we will reconsider where we want to live. I like DB, but am concerned about the Disney that's going up near there, and the commute time for my kids when it's time for them to go to school. (we want them to go to the Canadian Internatonal School).

Anyway, thanks soooo much for your input!
    Mellie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top