Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

US - HK Mom Preschools ?s

tbl
    tbl is offline Registered User

US - HK Mom Preschools ?s

OK...I am a Mom from the US moving to HK this fall and would like to know how common it is to send 2 and 3 year olds to school everyday. Where I come from that is not done until kindergarten, age 5! (3 and 4 yr olds can opt to go to a preschool 2 or 3 mornings a week.)

However, i want my 3 -yr old to make friends where we are, so I'm wondering, is that where all the kids go? Or are there alternatives, something more like pre-schools here that would be just 2-3 mornings/afternoons a week? (and not $66,000/semester)

Thank you, and if you have any specific recommendations, we will most likely be in Repulse Bay.

choysis is offline Registered User
    Hi tbl

I have a 2 2month old son who now goes to the Woodlands School. you can visit their website www.woodlandschools.com. They have several branches throughout HK and I believe they have one in Repulse Bay.

Pre-schoolers normally go to school 2 -3 times per week but as everyone here has such a hectic lifestyle, some children go to pre-school more often. I also take Ilya, my son to MyGym in Central for a different kind of "schooling".

Repulse Bay is a nice area of HongKong. It's very easy to make friends here, no matter where you're living.

I hope this has helped.

tbl
    tbl is offline Registered User
    Thanks, choysis. I think I saw one of those schools very near a place we were considering living. perfect hours and the fees were palatable as well! The other one I had looked at was PIPS...so expensive but so convenient if we lived at Park View.

Thanks for your input.