Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Baby going to bed late

joannek is offline Registered User
    plus i think it's the weather & the pollution here (that's another post). after going out for just an hour, walking on the streets here, your face is all black (try to get a wet cotton & wipe down your face, u'll know what I mean). So the books say don't bath your baby everyday doesn't work for HK either. In the summer, I bath her once before she naps & once before she sleeps.

carang is offline Registered User
    my son has always had two baths everyday...
    one in the morning for a clean up... and one in the evening for fun and bedtime ritual...

he LOVES the water...going to take him swimming later...

DRW
    DRW is offline Registered User
    my son is 13 months old now, he moslty sleep quite late like 11 PM but some time he's sleep about 9 PM. And yes when he was sleep early means he's wake up early as well. Which is sometime I didn't like coz I like get more sleep. But we are OK about it and he's not complaining when we take him out for some late nights.

And about shower/bath. We bath him every night before he went to sleep and in the afternoon mostly we went to the beach (or have paddling pool for himself). He loves water too. Hong Kong in the summer it's so awful, I need about 2 or 3 times a day. everytime I went out just sweating and humidity not nice either. by the time arrived home I was sticky and so warm that i need my cold shower.

JennyB is offline Registered User
    My husband likes a very hot bath before bedtime. The sheets on his side of the bed are always stained yellowish from sweat!

nikimom is offline Registered User
    hi graham, i wonder whether your son is breastfed or formula fed? cos if he sleeps at 10pm, he would probably need to wake up in the middle of the nite for another feed. My daughter is 10 weeks, she now sleeps very late, at around midnite to 1am, I tried so hard to put her to sleep earlier, ideally 10.30 to 11, so that its not so difficult for me when i give her the midnite feed at aoround 3 to 4.
    interestingly, now that she sleeps around 1 / 1.30, she wakes up at 7 which is time for her morning feed. this is reli tearing me apart, i'm afraid if i try to put her to sleep earlier, she would need the midnite feed again. can anyone give me some advice?

ok, here i am again. that's exactly what happened to me when my baby was newborn to 2 mths (she's now 19mth). after 2 mths, i decided it was time to turn her body clock around.

whenever she didn't fall asleep at burping, i kept her awake w/ cold wet face towels. (my ped suggested iced ones, i only used cold, from the fridge, not freezer). i could probably keep her awake for an hour. i remember the 1st day was the 3pm feed. (i was nursing her every 3hrs - at 6am, 9am, 12 noon, 3pm, etc) then i gradually chose a time when she's not sleeping (during the day time) after a feed to keep her awake. with cold towels, playing rattes, action nursery rhymes, dancing to upbeat songs, whatever (she'd be awake for an hr). on the 2nd day, she was awake for longer. i remember it took us about 4 days to turn her body clock around. then i started with waking her at around 5pm to bath her, then a bedtime nurse at 6pm, draw curtains & bedtime (keep curtains up & room bright during the day even when baby is sleeping), the bedtime routine really helped. it should work in a week.

good luck & keep me posted.

nikimom is offline Registered User
    thx joannek, i'll try this starting from tmr. cos i want to know your feeding schedule ...if the bedtime feed is at 6 pm do you nurse her again at 9pm and midnite, did she wake up in teh middle of hte nite?

yes, i feed her at 6pm, 9pm, midnight. then i wake up at 3am to pump (which only takes me about 20mins), then i'd go right back to sleep. i had a helper to feed her in the bottle at the re-eye feed. we never wake baby up for a feed and in order to keep my night supply i woke up every night at the same time to pump. and baby wakes up at a different time every night, so if i pump around the same time everyday, i don't have to worry about crawling out of bed to nurse her.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast