Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Peg Prego

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

Peg Prego

Does anyone know where I can find Peg prego strollers?

Candylee is offline Registered User
    0/3 baby in TST Ocean Terminal

Slee is offline Registered User
    I agree with CandyLee. BTB and Jacardi sell one or two Peg Peregos but the new O3 in Ocean Terminal have every conceivable model!

jane01 is offline Registered User
    Hi Avi - you didn't ask for my opinion, so apologies if it is unwanted, but have you considered a pram other than Peg Perego? The reason for asking is that I brought one for my newborn daughter and found it to be hard to steer and difficult to fold up. It was impossible to fold with one hand, which you need to do in HK quite often.

Personally, I'd recommend one of the Maclaren models. They are easy to steer, light, and you can fold them with one hand, leaving the other hand free to hold your baby whilst you are getting into taxis, on buses, etc.

Don't just take my word for it, there are a lot of negative reviews of the Peg Perego prams on Amazon.com.

Slee is offline Registered User
    Jane01, your experience is very interesting as I have both a Maclaren and a Peg Perego Pliko and find the Pliko much, much easier to use around Hong Kong. That includes folding it too, which I can do with one hand.

To the original poster, personal preferences obviously diifer a lot so if you are expecting your first baby and you're looking for strollers for the first time then get your nearest and dearest to carry a heavy backpack to Ocean Terminal. There you can find Mothercare with all the Maclarens on one side of the mall while pretty much opposite O/3 have all the Peg Peregos. Throw the backpack in the seat of a few and take them for a spin. Another thing to try is hanging a couple of bags of shopping off the back of each and seeing what happens when you lift your 'baby' out. My Maclaren goes flying backwards, while my Pliko takes it in it's stride. This is my pet peeve with the Maclaren. Finally, Maclarens don't take carseats and the bars at the back make it too difficult to hang one off the back.

Karishma is offline Registered User
    I bought the Peg Perego Pliko with my son and I have to say it was a fantastic stroller. I bought it from Jacadi and it had a car seat to go with which in the early days i cud attach into the stroller so i never had to wake baby up to transfer him from one to the other. Also the padding inside was sooo soft unlike the Maclaren which was hard. And my son slept in it v v comfortably when we were out as it reclined fully and was just so comfy. However once he turned a year I did buy a Maclaren umbrella stroller as he was bigger and didnt need one that reclined fully nor one that was so padded cos he NEVER sleeps in the stroller anymore. But yeah I fully agree that my maclaren is so flimsy i cant even hang my purse on it as it tilts backwards which is NOT FUN! My son is now able to get in and out of stroller on his own...(yes he can unhook) and as a result many a times when we r out im looking at something and suddenly i hear a thud and turn around to find my stroller fallen backwards as he has gotten out of it and just the weight of my purse has made it fall backwrds!! sigh!

jane01 is offline Registered User
    Avi - of course you should buy whatever suits you. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Maclaren is just my personal preference and I was really interested to read others experiences.

I agree that the maclaren tips up if you put your handbag or shopping on the handles - I always have to remember to take it off before unloading my daughter. I don't find it flimsy as it seems quite durable, just lighter which is great.

I'm really surprised that other people find the peg easier to fold up. This was my no.1 problem with the peg, as we live in DB and rely on public transport. I couldn't use a bus (or taxi on HK Is) with the peg because I couldnt' fold it with one hand. It was really frustrating. I find the maclaren a breeze in comparison. But everyone is different. I'd love to see how someone folds a peg pliko with one hand ???????

Does anyone else also hate that DB still uses buses with steps? Bring back the shoppers bus. And you are supposed to fold your pram before you get on? And you can never get a hire car? So I'm finding it quite difficult to manage a baby and shopping at the moment. So much for DB being family-friendly.

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User
    Thanks for everyones reply. I definitely do want as many opinions and experiences as possibles and it is my first time buying a strollers. I feel the more feedback i get, the better choice i can make. So pls feel free to offer advice.
    There is a new type of stroller called the Prametter from Peg. Anyone know about this stroller/ baby carriage.?? And I aslo did see a Chicco model that i like. Anyone have any experiences with these strollers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top