Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Snow brand Japanese infant formula

Herlina is offline Registered User

Snow brand Japanese infant formula

Dear other member,

I would like to know if any of you using this snow brand infant formula from Japan, is there any good?

Thank you .

emilyc is offline Registered User
    My son takes Snow brand from Australia. It's OK. But no added DHA, choline etc. But no added sugar (except milk sugar) even for 6 - 12 mths old formula.

Snow brand Japan is too expensive for me.

Hope the above helps.

NOA
    NOA is offline Registered User
    There should be no more Snow brand formula made in Japan. The name has been changed to BEAN STALK. Snow brand you see in HK is made in Australia as emilyc wrote. Ingredients are almost no difference among Japan made formula (Bean Stalk has DHA added, unlike Australian made Snow brand).

Japan made formulas are so expensive at Japanese supermarkets at around $400 each, though you can find them cheaper at Bonjour cosmetic shops at around $200.

One thing from my son's pediatricians....Babies on Japan made formulas tend to be big in size, because they taste better than others! Yes, my son is also big.

NOA

val
    val is offline Registered User
    My 15.5 mth girl has been taking beanstalk (previously named snow brand) since weaning at her 6mth. I think it's less sweet than other brands. With added DHA. And I didn't choose Meiji coz it has lard (Pork Oil).

My girl is a small girl at her 25-50 percentile only. So it really depends on the baby. As long as they are growing healthy ... with good pooh-pooh ...

You may buy from Bonjour as NOA said. It's only $188 for 0-9mth and $168 for 9mth-3yr. There is no need to switch formula till 3. Unless you want to start fresh milk.

kbaby is offline Registered User
    hello,

Just wondering is it okay to buy it at bonjour? I mean the price is such a huge difference....

mrs momo is offline Registered User
    u can also order from www.re-on.com.hk it is much cheaper than the supermarkets. i actually went there yesterday to pick up some other japanese meals for my son. they will only do free delivery when the order is over $1k. anyway, if your LO is used to drinking that brand eg beanstalk, you can always order one carton full which works out to be over $1k.

cyberyoda is offline Registered User
    What about Meiji Brand?? I heard that boy is better to take Meiji as it has high quality and level of DHA. Beanstalk is more suitable for girls as it helps babies to keep the white skin. Any idea whether these saying is correct??

cdd
    cdd is offline Registered User
    I guess over time DHA is added to the Australian Snowbrand already, as I've found this label on the can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast