Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookshop for children's books

Niki is offline Registered User
    Awesome. Will do.

meenu is offline Registered User

books for children

Dear Niki,

I always borrow books from the Hong Kong public libraries for my 4 year old son. They have a huge collection of children's books. You can go to their website and check the catalog. You can also reserve the books and collect it at the library of your choice. The books can be kept for 15 days and if you want you can renew them online. You can borrow 6 books for 1 card.

They also have excellent collection of educational CD-ROM'S for children like sesame street, jump start, reader rabbit etc. My son has learnt a lot from these.

Niki is offline Registered User
    Meenu, I have heard about their collection as well but I am just a bit reluctant due to my fear that my son might just tear the books. He is 2 years old and sometimes tears his paper books !! I usually buy lots of board books for him but slowly getting him used to paper books. How old is yours ?

meenu is offline Registered User

borrowing books from public libray

Dear Niki,

My son is now 4 yrs old and we started going to the library when he was 1year and 10-11 months. When we started we were also scared that my son might tear the books and throw them around and at that time he was very fond of tearing any paper that came in his hand. Initially, we would read the book to him and give the book in his hand in our supervision and later put it up in a safe place. While reading if we felt that he was about to tear we would tell him that library uncle will be very angry and will not give anymore books to him if he tore it. Within a month or so he understood that the library books are to be handled properly.

Once he tore a page into half. I fixed it with tape and while returning it I informed the staff about that page. He said it was very OK and they know that kids of ths age tend to do this.

So do not worry about that part and just go ahead. Ultimately Kids have to learn to handle borrowed material with care and I think its a good start.

emilyc is offline Registered User
    Recommend Bookanzen at Caroline Centre, Causeway Bay.

Rgds

e

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by meenu
    They also have excellent collection of educational CD-ROM'S for children like sesame street, jump start, reader rabbit etc. My son has learnt a lot from these.
    Meenu, which library do you go to? I went to the one in Central City Hall, titles were very limited, and out of 6 CD-ROM's I checked out 3 were defective. Are the other branches better? Thanks.

val
    val is offline Registered User
    hkfornow,

check out the public library in causeway bay. they have a wide selection of children books. And a toy library ... you can book a 45-min session to play with their toys.

my girl started to go there when she was 1.

rani is offline Administrator
    Sorry everyone I need to close this thread!

As you know we run our own bookshop here on GeoBaby and t pays thei bills and keeps this site going. Thanks for understanding.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12