Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Twin Birth & Delivery

Teeks is offline Registered User
    Hi DoubleTrouble,

I don't know about the low-lying placenta. But on my 23rd week, the doctor at the private clinic found that I have shortened cervix which would've lead me to premature delivery of my twins. So I was told to show this report to Tsan Yuk Hospital & they sent me straight to Queen Mary Hospital the same day.

The next day,I had a minor operation to tie the cervix tunnel to hold the babies until further months. After the operation, the doctor suggested me to take everything easy and try to relax lying down whenever possible. So I quit my job recently too.

Now I am on my 31st week, and the babies are hanging on there, growing up and bouncing a lot. I am just hoping that they stay bit longer until the due date (December 2nd week). Both babies are head down now, so I may try normal delivery.

Good luck to both of us!
    Teeksx

blue_blueberry is offline Registered User
    Hi! I also a mother of twin daughter. They are now 27 months. I gave birth in St'Paul Hospital in Causeway Bay with c-section.

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Hi, I don't have twins but have a friend who does. She delivered at QMH even though she could afford private, because of the NICU there being the best in Hong Kong, and since her twins were born 6 weeks early that was definitely the right decision to make.

Regarding the delivery, from what I've heard QMH are very reluctant to schedule C-sections in advance, even when it looks very likely that you will end up having one.

If you want greater comfort than afforded in the public wards, you can look into delivering private at QMH, but I think this may cost almost as much as the Matilda, because they charge *everything* as a private patient, not just the private room.

Corina is offline Registered User
    Hi Teeks,

I'm also pregnant with twins, 29 weeks, due 5th Jan.
    Have you decided to go to QM for delivery or Matilda?
    I was recommended by my private dr to do a C-section - she said that there is a risk to the 2nd baby if I try vaginal delivery - did your drs tell you the same thing?

Hi Corina,

I have decided to go to QM for delivery. I was there in Sept. for minor operation, and found that their service is very good.

Up until my 28th week, my Dr suggested for the C-section (told me the same thing). But on my 30th week's scan, he saw both the babies are head down so he suggested vaginal delivery if possible.

Since I am seeing both my private Dr. and Dr. at Tsan Yuk, they both suggested Vaginal delivery is best for me to do. But it all depends at the later stage of delivery. So hoping wotever I need to do, they'll let me know what will be the best way to do.
    Teeksx

Hi Teeks,

I forgot to ask you - did you join the "mothers of multiples" ?

And good luck with your pregnancy, Teeks!

Corina - Hi!

No I haven't so far. I am using the UK Twinsclub, you can get lots of suggestions and advice from there. If you have time, try look into www.twinsclub.co.uk

But recently, I got a reply from one of the MOM member asking me to join their club in HK and gave me her email address too. But I have'nt come around to do anything there yet.

Have you joined the MOM club? Let me know.
    Last edited by Teeks; 11-09-2004 at 04:35 PM.
    Teeksx

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast