Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Twin Birth & Delivery

Teeks is offline Registered User

Twin Birth & Delivery

Dear all,

I am 4 months pregnant with Twins and due in December. The doctor has suggested C-section and recommended Queen's Mary Hospital.

I would love to hear from all the Twins Mums with their experience on Twin's births & deliveries in HK. And any suggestion on any other hospital?

This is my first pregnancy and I am bit nervous. Please suggest.

Thanks.
    Teeksx

Or, can anybody suggest me if there are any community/clubs for Twins??
    Teeksx

rani is offline Administrator
    Teeks,

QM does have the best neonatal intensive care in HK. So if your Dr suspects there may be some complications then you should definitely deliver there.

But if all looks fine and money isn't an issue then you can also consider a private hospital. Btw, has your Dr delivered twins before?

Here's some more info on QM:

http://forum.geobaby.com/showthread.php?threadid=102301

Good support group is MOMS (mothers of multiples)
    http://www.hkmoms.com

Rani
    Last edited by rani; 08-08-2004 at 10:03 AM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Dear Rani,

Thank you very much for your reply. My Dr. works for Matilda Hospital, but due to expensive charges there, he suggested me to Queen Mary Hospital. I am sure he has delivered Twins before that's why he advised me of C-section.

I am reading on the other forum that you've forwarded to get some idea. Thanks!
    Teeksx

rani is offline Administrator
    Taken from http://www.marchofdimes.com

Can a woman expecting multiples deliver vaginally?
    While the chance of a cesarean delivery is higher in twin than in singleton births, about half of women expecting twins can have a normal vaginal delivery. Chances are good if both babies are in a normal, head-down position.

Anyone know what the practice is at QM?
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

doubletrouble is offline Registered User

Smile

Teeks,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! I just found out I am pregnant with twins too! I am only 7 weeks along, but have seen the ehartbeats and am hoping all will continuew well.
    I have visitied the Matilda Hospital, (I got really sick last week and became dehydrated) they treated me so well there I decided then and there that's where I wanted to have these babies. The only thing is I have heard that Queen Mary has the NICU in Hong KOng, so in case there are any problems, the abbies would need ot be transferred, so I thinki I am goign to wait onit and see what my doc thinks further down the line. Thsi is my first pregnancy.

This is totally jumping the gun, but have you thought about the sleeping situation? Are you going to do two nurseries or hav ethem share a room/crib? I have no idea what to do, I am freaking out a bit honestly.

I have been trying to eat well and really take it easy but I feel like time is already starting to creep up-- there is so much planning ot do with twins.

I would love for us to keep up and keep posted on how the pregnancies progress. Best of luck and Congrats!

Hope

joannetsao is offline Registered User
    DoubleTrouble,
    Put them in the same crib to start with. They don't move around much and they are comforted by the proximity of their sibling with whom they shared a much smaller space for almost 9 months. This is particularly important if they are premature. It helps them grow faster if they are in the same crib, and even in the same incubator. QMH doesn't allow this practice in the NICU unfortunately.

Yes, QMH will do vaginal birth for twins although it is very rare for a woman to want to do this here. I did it under duress (wanted to get out of the hospital asap due to sars) and I wouldn't make the same decision again. I strongly suggest you do a c-section if you go to QMH. It's very uncomforatable to be in labor there as they believe in not letting you get up and pinning you down in the most uncomfortable positions in order to monitor the fetal heartbeats. By all means, go for vaginal birth at Matilda! If you do try for vaginal birth at QMH, they'll prep a c-section room for you just in case. Heck they, do that everywhere with twins.

doubletrouble is offline Registered User
    Just diagnosed with a low lying placenta, I am 13 weeks prego with twins, experienced painless red bleeding twice, and dr. says to just relax activity and hope it moves up? Anyone have advice or encouraging words? I could use some right now, thanks.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast