Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Breastfeeding in public in HK

nykki is offline Registered User

Thanks for your reply Sarah. I meant to say that if anyone needs to b/f while at Stanley, there is a small access to the shoreline behind stanley mkt with some surprisingly comfortable large rocks and an interesting view which is pretty good for both breastfeeding and changing nappies! No-one bothers you there.

yaffle is offline Registered User

Just to add to the list of places in HK that are baby freindly - matsuzakia (SP?) a japanese department store in causeway bay, has a nice little mother and baby room in the basement. Also, a lot of big malls (pacific place springs to mind) have roof gardens that can be quite quiet

pregnantmommy is offline Registered User

Hi everyone,

Sorry I know this is an old thread, but might info might be useful to new readers.

I would like to add some info on where you can nursing in Hong Kong.

Yes, breastfeeding/nursing in public is not illegal at all in Hong Kong and you can do it anywhere, as long as you are comfortable.

In addition, there are various malls and department stores that have nursing rooms.

Some of the locations with nursing rooms:

In Causeway Bay, both Langham Place and Times Square as nursing rooms.
    In Central, IFC mall also has a nursing room.
    In various locations in Hong Kong: AEON, which is a well-known Japanese department store, has nursing rooms in their stores. They are available in Taikoo, Whampoa, Lai Chi Kok and more.

There are many more shopping centers with nursing rooms which have not been mentioned above.

On a side note: If you need to buy nursing clothes, they are very convenient for nursing moms because there is discreet nursing access on the breast area of the clothing. This will be very helpful when you need to go out and nurse. I bought mines at Mayarya when I was nursing, and I really liked their styles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12