Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

what is wrong with people nowadays

ritalee is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Angry what is wrong with people nowadays

Yesterday around dinner in Times Sq, I was lining up with my baby for the elevator, this woman started playing with my baby's hand so i pulled her away. then the woman started yelling at me saying that she only touching her because my baby is cute...what is wrong with people now? Babies are not public property how should i know where her hands have been? How will she feel if i go and touch her and say she's cute?
    Does anyone have the same problem?

ozmaofoz is offline Registered User
    Houston, Tx
    An easy way to avoid confrontation is to say "Oh, be careful! She's really sick!" to the person touching the baby.

Also - if you sling your baby, people are less likely to touch them. I put my kid in a sling and push the Volo with one hand when we take the MTR.

ritalee is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I dont think i should be making excuses for not letting people touch my baby plus i have put her on a sling before she was forward facing and some guy just walked by and tried to touch her i turned around and he just kept on walking
    what if he missed and touched my breasts?
    what if someone touches our kids when he or she is older what would you call that? it doesn't make a difference whether or not they are a baby or a teenager, strangers on the street should not come up and touch our kids

Malvika is offline Registered User
    South Horizons, HONG KONG

be firm, be polite

this happens with my baby all the time. He is 1 yr, 4 months.
    First i guard him, then if someone comes close and starts talking to him,i say to my baby say hello, and then, i politely tell them, please don't touch, he starts to cry. He doesn't like it. they get the hint.
    that's it. be firm, be polite.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    I tried to avoid it by saying "please don't touch my baby's hand or feet because she loves sucking her thumb and toes, but you can touch her shoulder". But once I was really annoyed by a waitress so I just raised my voice by saying "don't touch her!" and I never went back to that restaurant again!! If I can't avoid it (friends and family....****es on my baby's face, neck and hands!!), I will wipe my baby's hand and face or places being touched or ****ed secretly afterwards. Now my baby is older so I am more relax about it, but I still don't like it! I guess people just don't know that they are not supposed to touch or **** baby or they just cannot resist it. So, the parents have to "educate" them and protect our babies!!

bryantab is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    This kind of overt affection for all children happens all over asia, as far as I can tell.

In Japan people were downright rude to me, then they saw my 15 month blond son and fell over themselves to help me and touch his hair.

In Hong Kong people seem to want to touch their hands and feet.

In mainland China both my sons ( 2 and 5 years) tolerated posing for numerous photos. Several times little girls would have their photos taken ****ing my older son on the cheek. Eventually, the kids got tired of it and and would ask me if they "had to". I told my boys "no" and explained gently to the camera holders that the kids were too tired.

I don't really like strangers touching my children, but in asia it seems to be form of admiration. I would not let anyone who appeared ill touch them, but no one has ever tried. I will not accept food when it is offered, but I will not make my children live in a bubble either. For the most part, my kids like the attention. I have taught them a few words of Chinese and they can say "no" (Bu) or "hello" (Ninhao) themselves. Strangley, this seems to shock the toucher into pulling away.