Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Which Hospital??

rani is offline Administrator

I gave birth at the Adventist. My water broke at around 7am, called the Dr and he informed the hospital. I was taken straight to the labor room which is just a private room with a lot of additional equipment of course. My husband was with me throughout and my parents even came and visited me at around 2pm this is before the major contractions kicked in.

The mid-wife assigned to me was amazing. We talked through my birth plan and she followed all my requests to a T. She even brought out a mirror so I could watch the birth (was in the BP). I was pushing so hard towards the end that I had my eyes shut and missed it. ;-)

Everyone was very helpful with breastfeeding and we fed on demand.

Last edited by rani; 08-19-2004 at 05:41 PM.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

AC1234 is offline Registered User

Sorry this question doesnt belong to this fourum. But Kyla since you gave birth this year would appreciate if you could let me know what the costs were like at the adventist ?

kayla is offline Registered User

I was in a semi-private ward for a natural delivery and the hospital fee was $16,130, my doctor charged $15,000, I had an epidural and the drugs cost $3,900 and the anesthetist cost $7,000.
    according to the adventist pamphlet, the private ward costs $26,900 and the general ward costs $12,580.

for C-section, they divide into a) pre-booked and b) emergency
    a) $36,500, $23,200 and $17,200 respectively
    b) $47,600, 35,880 and $24,800 respectively.
    the cost for epidural is the same but i'm not sure if the anesthetist charges differently depending on type of ward you choose.
    the doctor definitely charges higher price for different wards and different procedures.
    hope this helps.

rani is offline Administrator
    Originally posted by kayla
    the cost for epidural is the same but i'm not sure if the anesthetist charges differently depending on type of ward you choose. the doctor definitely charges higher price for different wards and different procedures.
    hope this helps.
    I believe the Anesthetist's charges also increase. I was in a private room and was charged $16K.

Rani
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Teeks is offline Registered User

How Soon??

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I am just wondering how soon do I need to register at the hospitals? I am 20 weeks pregnant with Twins and seeing my private doctor at the moment.

Can anyone tell me? And for Twins C-section, I think the prices are double too..any idea?

Teeks

Teeksx

jools is offline Registered User

which hospital

Hi,
    I recently gave birth at the Matilda. It was fantastic. I had the exact birth that I wanted. The staff were superb. I also used the services of Hulda from Annerley Midwives. She was brilliant, supporting myself and my husband when necessary and offering perect advice just at the right moment.
    This was my second child. So I am comparing this to the British National Health Service. There is no comparison. The experience at the Matilda was by far superior.
    Ivisited the Adventis as well. The reason I chose Matilda is because they actively encourage you to have the baby in the room with you. The Adventis told me that they prefer to have the babies in the Nursery at night which is not where I'm coming from, but that was the only difference I could find.
    Good luck with the birth whereever you choose.
    Jools

shalom is offline Registered User

Angry the sanatorium

dear Avi,
    i had a very bad experience at the sanatorium that i will never go there again, for obstetric advice. i have never stayed there before but when i first had early pregnancy bleeding, i visited a doctor there in the outpatient clinic. she was not happy by the fact that i was not having morning sickness, therefore came to the conclusion that my HCG level was low. she eventually diagnosed me with blighted ovum after 2 weeks and i nearly had an abortion done. i eventually went for a second opinion at a private clinic and was told that the sac is perfectly viable. i can never forget the nightmare i had in sanatorium. my baby is due on 14th feb next year, i would love to follow up with you on adventist and matilda. congrats again!

kayla is offline Registered User

Re: How Soon??

Originally posted by Teeks
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. I am just wondering how soon do I need to register at the hospitals? I am 20 weeks pregnant with Twins and seeing my private doctor at the moment.

Can anyone tell me? And for Twins C-section, I think the prices are double too..any idea?

Teeks
    I had the same question too, but there's no need for you to register with a private hospital. all you have to do is tell your private ob/gyn and he/she will make the arrangements for you when the time comes. i don't suppose you are thinking of going to a public hospital where you do have to register and soon!

At the adventist, i recall that it is 30% more for each baby of multiple births, but i could be thinking only of natural delivery.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast