Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Which Hospital??

val
    val is offline Registered User
    Seems like no one is considering Canossa in midlevel. My baby was born there. The facilities and services are good. The nurses are supportive in breastfeeding.

pokny is offline Registered User

twins

teeks,
    Congrats. We had twins February '03 at the Adventist.
    We initially looked at both Matilda & Adventist. Our Ob/Gyn operates from either one. He told us he had no preference. Well... we didn't either, until we saw the price. M charges 40% extra for the 2nd baby, while A charges 30%. We decided to go with A & only have good things to say about it now.

jools,
    We had twins and we had both of them in the room with us 24 hours a day! But yes, they suggested we leave the twins in the nursery at night for us to have a proper rest. They must have seen the hesitant looks in our eyes, because they gave us big smiles and said that our babies were very lucky. They came to visit very often, even when we dodn't call and they didn't have to do anything with us.

All in all, loved the Adventist.

Teeks is offline Registered User
    Thanks Kayla,

The private doctor I am seeing suggested me the Queen's Mary Hospital (I guess that's a public hospital). But he didn't say when I have to go there. So I may ask him on my next visit. Is it too late??
    Teeksx

Hi Pokny,

Double congrats on your twins! Finally it's good to know somebody in this forum who has twins apart from me. I did post about the Twins deliveries in HK but got no answers. Anyway, if you don't mind, can you tell me roughly how much it costs for the twin deliveries in the Adventist?
    Thanks!
    Teeksx

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    Dear Teeks,

One reason your doctor may be suggesting that you register with the public system is because twins are much more likely than single babies to be born prematurely. The private hospitals in Hong Kong can only deliver babies born 35 weeks or later.

If f it turns out that you are one of the unlucky ones and your babies come early you will feel much more confident and reassured if you already know something of the public system. And there will be a lot less hassle if you are already registered with them. The Queen Mary Hospital has a very good neonatal unit.

I have friends who have registered with both the public system and a private doctor and make the choice of where to deliver much later in their pregnancies.

Best wishes,
    Barb

Thanks Barb, Yes, he did mention about early deliveries of the Twins due to lack of space inside. They are due in early January 2005 but as per my doctor I need to have C-section in mid-December this year. I will definately ask more on my next visit to the Doctors.

Cheers!
    Teeksx

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

I finally got a chance to visit 3 hospitals this weekend: Adventist, Matilda, and HK Sanatorium. And here are my thoughts.
    In terms of service and care, I got the impression that both Adventist and Matilda are quite similar which are a re pretty good. Now as for the rooms in general, the one one at Maltida are my preference. They sort of have a hotel feel to them as opposed to the hospital feel that the others have. The private rooms at Matila are smaller than those at the Adventist. The semi rooms are also nicer at the Matilda but the catch is that they do fill one room first ie two people in the one room b4 they give you another room. whereas Adventist puts one persons per room in the semi-room until they have no empty rooms then they start pairing you up. I would choose either matilda or adventist but am leaning towards matilda.
    I definity would not choose HK Sanatorium. They say it is more for chinese speakers( which i am ) and i would still not choose it.
    And as soon as you check in at the hospital, you stay in the labour room until you give birth and then they move you to your room.
    Hope this helps.

Re:Tsan Yuk Hospital

As per my doctor, to deliver in Queen Mary I need to get registered in Tsan Yuk Hospital first. So I made an appointment for this Saturday.

Does anyone have any idea/experience about the Tsan Yuk Hospital - Hospital Road? (I can't remember whether I asked this one before).
    Teeksx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast