Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Expensive Antenatal Package

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

Expensive Antenatal Package

I got my doctors fees for my antenatal package today and the prices seem over the top. If I were to choose a second class accomodation package (semi private room) a normal delivery is HKD45000 and a c-section HKD48000. This price is only for the doctor fees NOT including hospital fees, anaethetist fee nor paediatritian. I figure my bill will be close to HKD100,000. ( and no insurance coverage. I was thinking if its possible to negociate price with the doc. Or into my fifth month, should i look for someone less expensive??? Do any of you know a good OBGYN that is less pricey???

Rosewood is offline Registered User

that seems to be quite pricey. I recently gave birth and the doctors fees came to around 22K, I chose a 3 person room, and was the only person in that room. The total package was around 54K including hospital fees, anaesthesologist fees, Paedatrician fees etc. I stayed for 4 and a half days.

jane01 is offline Registered User

I agree that sounds expensive. My OB (Dr Dawkins) had a package, including checkups and delivery, which came to about HK$24,000. My total bill including Dr Dawkins, hospital (private room at the Matilda), aneth, epi, paed (at the hospital), immunisations, medications etc was HK$76,000 for a normal delivery.

HK$100k, not even with a private room, (and no insurance, ouch) sounds a bit too much. I think you are right that your Dr is too expensive. Who are you seeing?

Avi

hi rosewood,

your prices seem much more reasonable than mine. how did you like your obgyn? would you recommend him/her? can you give me the breakdown of your pricing. was the 22k including the paediatrician fee and anaethetist?

Avi

hi jane01,

i am seeing Dr Alex Doo. I think he's a fantastic dr but just too expensive.

Teeks is offline Registered User

Hi Avi,

I am also seeing Dr. Doo. Are you talking about the Matilda Hospital's charges for the antenatal package? it sure do sound expensive.

Teeksx

rani is offline Administrator

My Dr didn't offer a package and we paid close to 20K in prenatal check ups and his fees for a normal delivery were 20K.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Karishma is offline Registered User

Avi,
    Im seeing Dr Milton Leung and when hes out of town I see Dr Doo too. I know they usually deliver at the Adventist or Sanatorium...which hosp are u looking into ???

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast