Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

helpers and baby groups

pootle is offline Registered User

helpers and baby groups

does anyone know of a group/playgroup to which 3 month year old can go with a helper preferabley where it is common for there to be helpers rather than parents. Am aware of HKPPA in Borrett road but that only starts from 6 months.

strong is offline Registered User
    I am also looking for this. My daughter is 10 months old. What is the Borrett Rd service and what does it cost? Thanks.

rani is offline Administrator
    The Union Church have a playgroup with Helpers. Not sure how early you can start. Contact info here:

http://www.geobaby.com/Union_Church_Playgroup_L429

Strong more info on the HKPPA here:

http://www.geobaby.com/Hong_Kong_Pre...d-Levels)_L276

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

pootle is offline Registered User
    from 10 months they have a parent and toddler group with different sessions for parents and helpers to attend. Contact Mandy Jones on + 852 2517 7204

mong1972 is offline Registered User

Playgroup for 20 mth

I came to this while searching the forum. I am also looking for a play group for my daughter who turns 20 mth this Sept.

I am staying in Belchers, so I am looking at somewhere nearby.
    Preferably English speaking.

I have registered her for Victoria but she will only start Aug 05

aldougie is offline Registered User
    I think Union Church is also from 6 months onwards. I don't believe that there are any formal playgroups for helpers for children under the age of 6 months and would suggest that your helper starts to take your child to your local playground. By doing this she will meet lots of other helpers with kids of all ages. Lots of informal playgroups get set up by the helpers meeting in this way and our daughter attends loads now (wish I had a social life half as active as hers!). The helpers all take it in turns to host the groups after the mum's have all spoken/met and are happy with the arrangements.

Strong - PPA has open play sessions for young children to attend (predominantly helpers but some mums go). Check out Rani's link and give them a call - it costs $50 a session but I can't remember the joining fee (think it was $200).

mum 3 is offline Registered User
    There is a new Australian learning centre in North point that run hourly sessions for babies and toddlers. The teachers are Australian and they teach the babies through play ,flashcards,songs, story time. My baby attends and the teachers are fantastic. They only accept four per class but I think they still have some vacancies. If your interested their website is www.koalakinder.com.hk

nykki is offline Registered User
    There is a great playgroup/ learning centre in Admiralty with about a 50/50 mix of helpers and parents. They are from 8 weeks onwards. My daughter and I have been attending since she was 3 months old. You can check out their website at www.pandajunction.com

The lead instructor was with Gymbaroo for 5+ years and is really enthusiastic and always willing to give one on one advice for any concerns you may have (she is/was a qualified midwife as well I think). We're going to miss them when we leave!