Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pre-school in Kowloon

Sandrine is offline Registered User
    Would like to hear more comments about Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten and YMCA International Kindergarten in TST. Both seem to be good. How would you compare the two? If you had a choice, which one would you prefer and why?

ggrizzy is offline Registered User

Red face chinese learning too...

i also prefer learning thru play and for me, it's important that my child gets to live the life of a child without spending all the after school time on homework or preparing for tests/exams. however, my husband and i also agree that learning chinese is very important too. recently, a friend of mine told me about a chinese school that has classes structured for children from international schools, and it's in TST east. i haven't called them up yet but their website is www.lukchan.com. i think they have courses for pre-school kids from 4yrs up. this mite be a solution to the 'learning chinese' problem with our kids going to international schools!

(sorry bout the side tracking)

ps my kid is going to sunnyside on jordan road rite now and i'm pretty happy with it. it's not a sophisticated school but i feel that my son is getting ample attention. (my son has been a late learner and he's not as mature as most 2 1/2 yr olds...)

Red face Kowloon Baptist Church Kinder or YMCA

My daughter got an offer for the April term in KBCK. I'm worried that she's not ready to start K1 now as she still wants the maid to stay with her during the playgroup at YMCA. If I decline the offer, her spot will be filled by someone on the waiting list. I'm not sure if I should go for it or wait till Aug to join the YMCA. Any advice please.

Hoeymom is offline Registered User
    My little daughter is 22 mths now and I'm looking for a good pre-school for her and which is close to my home (Kowloon Tong)? I also heard that KBCK is good but there's no Chinese to learn. Can anybody give me some suggestion as well? Is it really good to join a playgroup first - my daughter hasn't joined any yet?

bijv is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrine
    My daughter got an offer for the April term in KBCK. I'm worried that she's not ready to start K1 now as she still wants the maid to stay with her during the playgroup at YMCA. If I decline the offer, her spot will be filled by someone on the waiting list. I'm not sure if I should go for it or wait till Aug to join the YMCA. Any advice please.
    Sandrine

KBCK is definately good, dont know if you have taken the admission,
    as for YMCA they have 3 teachers in the class between 24 students
    the teachers are really helpful, they answer to all your questions.
    In K2 they have a full time school also in which they cover lots of activitied like .mandarin, dancing, swimming, golf and gym
    my daughter is joining a full time school in K2
    the teachers who have left YMCA are from the toddlers world and not
    the kidergarten
    YMCA kindergarten is getting renovated in Easter so there would be a new look
    YMCA has a class starting in April dont know if like to try

You can call me on 61005661 if you need more info.

Bijal

Hi Bijal,

Many thanks for your reply. I've declined the offer of both KBCK and YMCA for my child to start in April as she's not ready to be left on her own yet. I hope in the coming months, she'll learn to be more independent.

And now I need to decide between KBCK and YMCA for the Sep session. Both are Christian schools. The teachers of both schools seem to be good. The children of both schools seem to be happy. So what's the difference between them? YMCA have better facilities and they offer us the morning session whereas I only get the afternoon session with KBCK. KBCK has 3 teachers for 30 children. When you say KBCK is definitely a good school, what do you mean? Can you share with me more about it? What is the child-centred approach adopted by YMCA? How is it different from the theme-based learning thru play approach by KBCK?

Esseniti is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrine
    Hello Sandrine,
    I would like to asking the question apply KBCK.
    Cause I'm headache looking the school for my boy, he is 22 months now,
    I want to put him in this school, but I have no idea how to apply and when is the right time to apply thanks alot =)!!

Esseniti,

You can call or write the school to ask for an application form. The address is:
    Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten
    2/F, 300 Junction Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon
    Tel: (852) 2336-6213 Fax: (852) 2339-2142

KBCK will send you more info then. Priority is given to English-speaking children. Please apply as early as possible. Some parents apply as early as the baby is born. In my case, if I want my child to start in Sep 05, I should have applied before mid 2003 for a place in the morning session. Good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast