Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pre-school in Kowloon

Esseniti is offline Registered User
    Hi Sandrine,

Thank you for your reply!
    I already got the application and a sheet introdution of school.
    My boy is 22 months now, he may start attend school on Sept 2006,
    is the right time apply for him now?
    By the way, could you tell me how about the interview of that school?
    Cuz my husband and me are CBC Canadian born Chinese, suppost my boy can attend the local school in Hong Kong, but I want my boy being the happy life when he study.
    I want he learning from game and pratice not like local school too stress.... since I was graduated from GOOD HOPE SCHOOL in Hong Kong..... too stressful when I studied. Also I will let my boy back to Canada or State study high school later.......that's why I'm interesting this school..... I do worried they don't accept my boy for the reason he know chinese as well.....

Sandrine is offline Registered User
    Hi Esseniti,

You can apply now for your boy to start in Apr or Sep 2006. It doesn't matter whether your son knows Cantonese or not but at the interview, I was told that the school expects that the language used at home is English because the school doesn't teach English. My daughter speaks Cantonese too but English is her first language.

Our interview went like this. The interviewer took us to a room where there were some toys. While my daughter was playing, the interviewer chatted with her. After this warm up, we were led to the classroom where my daughter was introduced to the teacher and the children there. My daughter spent perhaps 10 minutes there playing when the interviewer would ask her more questions. The whole process took about half an hour. I'm not sure what questions were asked in the classroom as I wasn't with her. I think she played with some shapes, blocks and playdoughs.

Hope this helps.

Hi Snadrine,

Thank you so much!
    How long you have to wait between you send the application and the interview? Cuz I'm not sure does my son ready for the interview.
    I worry if I send the application then in the short period need to goes to interview.

Sandrine is offline Registered User
    Esseniti,

I think they arrange an interview for your child in Feb & May for the Apr & Sep term respectively.

I sent my application late last year and received a standard letter saying that they would contact me again in Jan 2005. In Jan 2005 they sent me a letter again asking if we're still interested, probably because some parents applied really early. After I confirmed my interest, I got an interview in Feb for the session in Apr.

Hoeymom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Esseniti
    Hi Sandrine,

Thank you for your reply!
    I already got the application and a sheet introdution of school.
    My boy is 22 months now, he may start attend school on Sept 2006,
    is the right time apply for him now?
    By the way, could you tell me how about the interview of that school?
    Cuz my husband and me are CBC Canadian born Chinese, suppost my boy can attend the local school in Hong Kong, but I want my boy being the happy life when he study.
    I want he learning from game and pratice not like local school too stress.... since I was graduated from GOOD HOPE SCHOOL in Hong Kong..... too stressful when I studied. Also I will let my boy back to Canada or State study high school later.......that's why I'm interesting this school..... I do worried they don't accept my boy for the reason he know chinese as well.....
    Hi! Esseniti,

How are you? My little daughter is also 22 months old and I'm also looking for a kindergarten/nursery for her. Just read that you've got the application form from KCBK, I'm also interested of this school. Our situtation is some similar to you. We are also back from Canada two years before. My elder daughter is 11 years old and she's studying in International Christian School. We are planning to be back to Canada when my elder daughter enters the High School a few years later. Since then I wish my little daughter entering such a kindergarten learning more English for preparation. I want she can learn some Chinese as well. Can you or anybody give me some idea for choosing - preferably in Kowloon Tong or Zone 41? Esseniti, have you visit the school? What do you think of it? Can you see quite a playing area or sufficient facility for the kids? Have you visited with your son? Does he like it?

Besides, how's the learning situation of your son? My daughter is still just talking baby words. Mostly, she can understand what you are talking to her in Cantonese or Englis but she can just answer you in just a single or two words. I'm quite worrying about her interview in any school. Have your son joined any playgroup? Can you introduce some for my consideration? I don't know whether it's useful for her or not. Can anybody help me also?

Smile

Hi Heoymom,

Nice to meet you! How are you doing?
    My boy he like talking all the day..... he know too many things what we're talking with him and he can answer us too.
    Remember please don't compare with other child with your daughter, cuz different child has different development, if you compare with other then you will get more stress.
    I was quit the job when I quit the job to take care of him in fulltime. maybe I always talk with him and watching video with him then he can learn more by nature.
    For the school list I'm still looking that, if I got the clear idea I will let you know ok!
    You can feel free to share with me any by email, you can directly send me email to [email protected] ok!

Hoeymom is offline Registered User

Unhappy

Hi! Esseniti,

Nice to meet you too. I've already visited and got the application form from KCBK. The Principal (I think) is quite nice. She introduced the school's environment and facilities to me briefly. Although the activities area are quite small, no playground at all, children are quite happy to play. However, there's no pre-school nor K3 as well. If we choose this one, we have to seek K3 in two years later! Any other suggestion?

Hi Heoymom,

Don't worry!
    You can get in this link there's many school information you can choose
    http://www.hkedcity.net/school/kinde..._district_id=5
    there's included local school and international school, you can read it details for your information.
    By the way, do you need to make appointment for visiting the school?
    Cuz I haven't visit there........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast