Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Montessori School of Hong Kong vs. Highgate House School

happybilly is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by alanlam View Post
    We are away in UK at the moment. My wife, Julie will be the best person to answer questions on both Montessori and Steiner. She is attending a Steiner Waldorf education conference in Switzerland untill end of this week. If you would like to have a hard copy of the articles mentioned by her earlier please contact Nicky, our school secretary on 28496336. she will be happy to fax you copies of the various articles. You can also easily find the relevant articles on the net. Try Google which is pretty accurate in searching. Our school website will also have some additional information you might find interesting. www.highgatehouse.edu.hk

Man
    :Butbut

I went to the Steiner Fellowship of United Kingdom website and couldn't find the Highgate on the worldwide list of schools and there seem to be no listing for Hong Kong. How do I ensure the school/teacher are accredited?

alanlam is offline Registered User

Please check out http://www.steinerwaldorf.org.uk/dig...ssue3/lam1.htm
    and the school is recognised as Waldorf Kindergarten by the Steiner Fellowship in UK and by the Waldorf International Kindergarten Association - currently 3 people have the full training and other teachers, although qualified in Kindergarten/early years in mainstream undergo weekly in house training. Please come to the talk on 25th October at Helena May by Christopher Clouder, CEO of the European Council for Steiner Education.

happybilly is offline Registered User

Thanks for your information! Hopefully, we could attend the talk by Christopher next week.

Neha is offline Banned

I went for the CDB parents introdduction meeting and was quite impressed with their setup. Have applied for my son , but he is on waitlist for April. U can call them and visit the school

SSAVC is offline Registered User

Thanks Neha. I too have applied and have been to an intro. Was just wondering what experiences people with children at the school might have had.

Neha is offline Banned

Carang send her son for 1 month there and she said he loved it but she discontinued as she lived far

angeltam is offline Registered User

Hi Julie,
    I am very interesting in all you are talking about, would you please send me the articles.
    I am having a 22 months old daughter, we started flash card with her since she was six, but now she is studying in Montessori school.

Angel

Quote Originally Posted by alanlam View Post
    There are 2 interesting articles - One from Waldorf Education, a Family Guide (with an obvious bias towards Steiner Education) and another callled ' Montessori and Steiner, 'A pattern of reverse symmetries' - by D. Coulter. Another objective comparison is made in a book called 'Early Childhood Education', by Tina Bruce. I am trained and qualified in early childhood in both Montessori and Steiner Education and am one of the founder members of Highgate House School and Knapton Montessori School, UK. Please contact me if you would like copies of the articles or would like to discuss aspects of both educational philosophies.

Julie

joannek is offline Registered User

AngelTam, I have personal experience w/ both Montessori & Waldorf (my daughter at IMS from 18mths-3yr old, and Highgate House from 13mths to present, she's now 3.5 years old ) if you google "Waldorf vs Montessori", several articles pop-up, amongst which, I found these 2 quite interesting & appropriate (from my own experience with Montessori & Waldorf). so in case Julie couldn't reply to you, pls check these out:

this is the one by D.Coulter mentioned by Julie
    http://www.kindlingtouch.com/pdf/montandsteinerart.pdf

and this one is also appropriate
    http://www.jnorth.net/mindmaps/perso...ontesorri.html

what i did was, i started my daughter at Highgate mother/child playgroup when she was 1, twice a week. at 18mths, when IMS first started their toddler group, I also enrolled her, also twice a week. when the time came for her to get into nursery, i chose Highgate over Montessori. Do pay a visit to both schools, & you'll get a feeling. Do enroll your child to both, then you'll see the difference. i read those articles before i had enough experience to know the difference & not REALLY know what the articles meant. now i FULLY understand them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast