Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby party

strong is offline Registered User

Baby party

I'm looking for somewhere to hold a first birthday party on HK Island. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't need anything fancy, just a safe contained space where babies can can crawl and walk around.

Ryan Mum is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

I held a 1st birthday party for my son at the Aberdeen Marina's club. You don't have to be a member there in order to book the function rooms. We booked the Patio, it was an ideal room, carpetted, very bright, the patio overlooked the outdoor swimming pool. If you're not a member, you don't get to use the swimming pool, but you are allowed to use the outdoor play area in case you want to invite some older children.
    There's no room fee, they just charge per head @HK$120 for the buffet and you get to choose 10 items from their menu, but the minimum charge is for 25 people.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong

Gymoboree and My MusikBox offer birthday packages.

Founder of GeoBaby.Com

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    New Territories

First birthday party

How many babies are invited?

I lived in a 1000 sq. foot flat and our own living room was an adequate venue for about 5 babies (ranged in age from 6 months to 2 years) and their parents.

We cleaned the floor before the arrivals. Moved away the coffee table into our bedroom.

Made a big pot of coffee, had a a couple of bottles of wine, some juice and softdrinks for the parents.

Let the babies play for about 90 minutes, had cake and ice-cream. Mostly the parents ate it.

A good time was had by all.

Also requested "no presents" from the guests (we were up to our eyeballs in baby stuff).

jenniferlam is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I heard the parties at MyGym is pretty good. You can check them out. Just heard it from a friend that has attended it.