Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

HKPPA Borret Road

Grace Bellis is offline Registered User

HKPPA Borret Road

Has anyone tried the Parent & Toddler playgroup at the HK Preschool Playgroup Association at Borrett Road? I also wonder what their pre-school play group is like. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

rani is offline Administrator
    Have a read through this thread

Hkppa

Rani
    Last edited by rani; 02-07-2006 at 01:19 PM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Grace Bellis is offline Registered User
    Thanks Rani. Will probably give it a try with their open play to start off with.

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User
    hi grace

open play at borrett road is actually held in CITY KIDZ, the kindergarten located next door to P&T. CITY KIDZ and P&T are both part of the PPA. open play is very different from P&T. first time users get a free visit. i suggest you check out the P&T by using that trial drop in. i know there are one or two mornings that still have room, so if you call the office you can see which day you can come by and check it out.

all best

seb's mum, tess!

jsd
    jsd is offline Registered User

hkppa

Hi ya -

As Seb's Dad said, there is a playgroup (P&T) and a preschool (CityKidz) up at HKPPA on Borrett Rd. We've been going there for over 4 years now. My daughters started in the playgroups and attended CityKidz for preschool. My youngest, 4 yr old, has one more year at CityKidz.

I can't make comparisons with other preschools because we never looked at other places to be honest, but I think CityKidz is excellent. It's part of the HKPPA, a non-profit, community-based organization. They've got a great group of teachers and a low teacher-to-student ratio. My daughters love the place. I've been a Duty Mom (helping out one day per week) for three years. If you have the time it's well worth it. I've found I've learned a lot from the teachers about dealing with trying situations and just being a better parent.

I know I sound like a salesperson (!!), but I recommend you check it out. There is no interview process, just call to arrange a visit. They start back early Sept.