Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

giving birth in april.....what to do???

mommy26 is offline Registered User

giving birth in april.....what to do???

Can anyone help me out? we are moving to HK in march from Denmark. Cana nyone tell me how it works over there? If I am due to give birth in April, it means I have only one month to get used to the system, and immediatly after I arrive I need to see a doctor, because of the long flight. Is there any advice you could give me, or maybe some numbers of Doctors so maybe I can schedule appointments before I get there. Is there usually long waiting time or can you get into the doc office pretty easily? We will be at DB so I would need easy access from there?

Please I am so stressed thinking about moving and getting my son in school, and now this. I just go crazy.....

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    We moved here last April and my daughter was born in June. The medical care I received over here was second to none. I can certainly recommend Sally Ferguson as gynaecologist. I also gave birth at the Matilda which is on Hong Kong whilst living in DB. I used the services of Hulda from Annerley midwives as a doula. She was absolutely fantastic and timed the ferry trip from DB to perfection. We also use Dr Ou at Island health on DB as our paediatrician and again have found her to be excellent.
    I received the exact birth I wanted her and would recommend the above people to anyone. Geobaby have a list of doctors I think and if not contact Annerley midwives and explain your situation. You have to pay for everyting over here and experiences do vary, but you can find the information you need on the internet. There is usually no difficulty in getting an appoinment, unless the doctor has been called away on an emergency.
    Good l;uck and I hope you enjoy it here in DB as much as we do.

Jools

shalom is offline Registered User
    dear mommy 26,
    i moved here last year and i had some pretty bad experiences with incompetent doctors in hong kong, especially one doctor who misdiagnosed me to have a blighted ovum. so you must be very careful when you select your obs. i found an excellent doctor in the women's clinic in central and i highly recommend him, his name is alexander doo, he is very patient, knowledgable and also the fact that he was educated overseas, his thinking is more westernised and probably more suitable for you. you can find information about him in the geobaby doctors list. his number is 2523 3007 in case you want it. hope it helps. my baby will be due in feb next year.

mommy26 is offline Registered User
    thankl you so much for your replies.....I am so glad that i signed on to this website. The info is extremely useful, and it helps me so much with the hundreds of other thingsI need to take care of before we move.

Take care.....Maria

andrewwork is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Alex Doo - My vote makes two.

Call Dr. Alex Doo at the Women's Clinic - he delivered our daughter two years ago and was caring and accomodating. +852 2523 3007. Also, the clinic is in Central, so you can walk from where the DB ferry lets you off. ALthough at 8months it may seem like a long walk! The ferry pier is set off a bit. Central is the closest area to that and you can get to the Women's Clinic without touching the street if you know the way. Ferry to IFC, to Alexandra House to Landmark to The Central Building, all above ground and indoors. Good luck!

smile123 is offline Registered User
    what are the cost for Delivery in Public hospital?,,need to book bed brfore delivery date?..Please reply

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Queen Mary Hospital (QMH) - Info on Public vs Private Care & C-Sections - Links

here's a thread regarding QM that might be helpful...