Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

feeding problem

fululu is offline Registered User

feeding problem

Dear everyone

My baby is now 14 months, as she begin to walk, she just rcan't sit still during eating time. And I have to chase her aroud to feed her. I try to let her eat by her own but she didnt want it. Which end up she didnt get enough food and the doctor advise me to give her some vitamas and also food she like to eat. She also refues to drink milk like before. Any idea on how I can make her sit still while eating? Any good vitamins? Thanks

:bwinky

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    My son is now 2.7 years old and I have never managed to make him sit still on his own long enough at mealtimes. The best option would be a highchair or booster seat. I use a booster seat and he sits quite happily in it..belted..and finishes his meal.

Offer a wide range of foods for your daughter to try..with a lot of healthy choices every mouthful will make a difference. One great tip that works for me ( I read it somewhere) offer limited choices at mealtime rather than open ended questions. If I ask my son "do you want to eat? or what do you want to eat?" His answer will definitely be no or nothing ! But if I ask him do you want a banana or grapes ? Then he makes a choice, he's happy he made the decision.I'm happy he's eating win-win :)

Good luck

fululu is offline Registered User
    thank scr!

I got the booster seat , she is quite at the beginning, but start to stand up even wirh the belt on. I ll try your suggestion. thanks

lynn cheung is offline Registered User
    I bought a highchair for my son (12 months) and it works wonder. Give your daughter something to do with her hands. I just give my son some finger foods:bread, cheese, cereals, etc for him to eat by himself and I spoonfeed him his pasta/soup/fruit. I also put some music on and sing to him. I talk to him, too. So mealtimes are a lot of fun for him. Sometimes he'll drag me to his highchair even before I announce "meal!"