Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Antenatal Classes:attend Or Not Attend

pokfumum is offline Registered User
    I would definitely recommend Hulda's classes at Annerley Midwives. They are informative and fun, and you get to meet other parents-to-be and discuss any apprehensions you may have. I am going back for a refresher course with Hulda for my second baby even though I only had my first 11 months ago! At the very least you will make some good friends to share experiences with after your baby arrives.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    LLL meetings are a great opportunity to gain information and to see breastfeeding in action. We hold morning meetings in Discovery Bay, afternoon meetings in Happy Valley and evening meetings in Central. These meetings are all free of charge.

As well as our meetings we also run a breastfeeding seminar which we are happy to do either at my home or in your home. The seminar covers all the basic information needed to get breastfeeding off to a good start. It also provides an opportunity for you to ask as many questions as you like of one of our Leaders accredited by LLLI.

The cost of the two-hour plus seminar is $500 and includes a copy of our book The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. The seminar is a good opportunity for you to education not only yourself but also everyone who will be around you to give support when your new baby is born, whether this be a husband, mother, mother-in-law or maid.

If you are interested please contact me on 2548-7636 or [email protected]

Best wishes,

Manju is offline Registered User
    Kowloo, HK

Antenatal Classes

Hey can anyone tell me where this Canossa is located? This is my first pregnancy and i want to attend antenatal classes. Can anyone advice me if there is any classes in english language? I dont understand Chinese at all.

I just hope by taking this classes it will be very useful for us. I am into my 20 weeks now. So when do you think i must start taking this antenal classes? I really have no idea and no one is there to guide me. Pls do help me.

Thank you

Joyce is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Canossa is on Old Peak Road. They have a website if you want to find out more.

If you plan to have your baby in a government hospital, I found the classes run by Tsan Yuk (in preparation for delivery at Queen Mary) pretty helpful.

I've been to both classes and they were conducted in English. You will need to check out the timing of the Tsan Yuk classes as I think they alternate between English and cantonese classes.

I've found going to antenatal classes again for my second pregnancy really helpful as I could relate to what they were talking about, especially breathing techniques in labour. First time round, everything I learnt just went out the window!

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi Manju - I attended classes at cannosa, they were conducted in english. Everyone that attended were at least 28 weeks or so into their pregnancy. I dont think it really matters, how many weeks you are, but I guess if you attend too early, you may forget what you have learnt. You can call up the hospital to check when the next set of classes begin. Good Luck..
    Last edited by Rosewood; 11-03-2004 at 06:56 PM.

shaz is offline Banned
    Yuen Long
    When i had my son at Union Hospital in Tai Wai we had some pretty good classes there such as bathing baby etc. but in my opinion these things all come to you so naturally.

mammalicious is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    at which stage of pregnancy do i need to start attending antenatal classes please? would 4 months be too early for this?

bbvv is offline Registered User
    I live in Yuen Long - are there any good antenatal classes held near there?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast