Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Where to buy maternity bras?

mary_spc is offline Registered User
    Tried a couple of maternity bras:-
    Elle Macpherson's,
    BRAVO
    Cotton underwire style from 010.

I would recommend the Elle Macpherson's & BRAVO. The BRAVO bras are most comfortable, esp during confinements months when you're just hanging around at home w/ baby. It clip down from the top and is best for feeding. When i started going outdoors again, the Elle Mac gave better support.

I purchased Elle Macpherson's in Aust, and BRAVO in HK at Medela & BTB. (I recall it being cheaper at the Medela stores. They have stores in TST & Causeway Bay.....)

beckveldman is offline Registered User

If you ever get to Singapore....

This doesn't help for HKG, but if you get a chance to pop over to Singapore, there is a fantastic shop, Birth and Beyond, in the Tanglin Shopping Centre.

http://www.birthandbeyond.com.sg

They stock the full range of "Anita" maternity bras, from Germany I think, which are just wonderful. I've also used Elle Macpherson's maternity bras which are ok, and just g=found other brands like Berlei awful! But these Anita IMO are just great. You can see them at www.anita.com

It kind of didn't surprise me that I couldn't find maternity bras I found suitable in HKG - I can never even find normal bras that I like!!!

Since I posted, I have found that Attitudes boutique in Wyndham House, Wyndham Street (just near the Wyndham Street Post office, near the junction with Arbuthnot Road), stocks the Anita bras I was raving about! Also some really nice maternity gear in general (Western style) Very reasonable pricing. Worth checking out![/i]
    Last edited by beckveldman; 12-17-2004 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Found in Hong Kong!

miaka is offline Registered User
    i also use yes! bras. i ordered directly from their site. when i found the one that i chose to not quite fit, they were nice enuf to send me a few other sizes to try on free of charge. here is their site: http://yesbreastfeeding.com:8080/yes...initContext.do

noah's mummy is offline Registered User

YES maternity bras

If you wanted to follow up with the YES maternity and nursing bras you can call me here in HK 6130-9846 or send email to me at [email protected]

Happy nursing!

Christie Breakingbury
    YES bra designer
    Last edited by rani; 05-01-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Matty is offline Registered User
    Try this great new local website.
    Finally nice bra's for those of us with western bodies and breasts!
    http://www.bralicious.com.hk/

noah's mummy is offline Registered User
    I highly recommend getting a variety of bras - some of the gorgeous sexy bras on bralicious look wonderful for going out and I wish I'd had those when I was nursing! You also need something with no lace or frills for days when you're very tender. You also need a sleeping bra for night-nursing, with absolutely no underwire. You'll want a cotton-spandex bra for early engorgment/leaking with no moulded cups and all the extra stretch you need. In the end, I think you're likely to need 3-6 nursing bras as a minimum, and to ensure you get a range of styles for the various needs. Hope this helps!

tikkunolam is offline Registered User
    I really love my Bravado Design bras

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

They are from Canada and have a worldwide website to order from. Bumps to Babes carries a few of their styles even in larger sizes. I love the Supreme Nursing Bra! They have bras for various stages of pregnancy and nursing and even pretty styles and tanks. Some bra styles can take from your third trimester all the way through nursing (with multiple cup/band sizes within 1 bra) while other styles they recommend you purchase a couple months into nursing. I purchased mine while in the States and called the company directly on sizing questions. They are very helpful. They recommended I start wearing the nursing bras starting in my third trimester. I have been so comfortable ever since after trying strap extenders and getting a rash from the underwire rubbing my bump (from my prepregnancy bras) as I am carrying quite high. Check out the US/Canadian sites for bra buying and sizing tips even if you don't wind up ordering through them. The company was started by two moms and their experience really stands in their products.

mocha is offline Registered User
    lok fu jusco having an underwear sales.. mama bra at 50 each Triumph. have sales 80B/C and 90B

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast