Child repeating a year at Kindergarten??
- 11-12-2004, 12:33 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
- hong kong
That depends if you are letting your child to study in local or international school. If you are going for local, they will only accept your child when he is 5 years and 9 months to 7 years old. In your case, you will apply for P1 when your child is 5 1/2 years old and get into P1 a year later when he is 6 1/2 years old. After DBIS, he will be 5 1/2 years, so you might need to find him another kindergarten to study in K3 before he gets into P1.
If you are going for international school, they have different cut off day for each school. eg, Canadian int'l, your child need to be 4 by 12/31 for the school year, Chinese Int'l 4 by 6/30, HK int'l 4 by 10/30.......... for their reception class.
Hope this information is useful to you.
Originally Posted by svasbt
- 11-12-2004, 05:54 PM #10
Thanks a bunch, cari. The info. is very helpful indeed.
- By iqaganda in forum EducationReplies: 10Last Post: 11-30-2009, 12:18 PM
- By ELT in forum EducationReplies: 5Last Post: 12-01-2008, 12:23 PM
- By mother of 2 in forum EducationReplies: 5Last Post: 06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
- By MarisaPisa in forum Family HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 04-11-2006, 09:15 AM
- By shaz in forum EducationReplies: 11Last Post: 04-01-2005, 12:19 AM