Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

HELP!!!Pregnant & moving to Hong Kong

bailey is offline Registered User
    hong kong

Question HELP!!!Pregnant & moving to Hong Kong

Husband just got news that we are moving to Hong Kong by beginning of Jan from Sing. I am about 6months pregnant and dont know anything about Gynaes & Hospital in Hong Kong. Would it be possible to just get a doctor last minute on my arrival?

We'll be living in the mid-levels. All your advise will be much appreciated.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Welcome Bailey,

Here's a list of popular Drs with reviews written by our members.

Also, have a read through this thread on pregnancy costs:

Private Hospital Costs for Child Birth

Founder of GeoBaby.Com

jools is offline Registered User
    Discovery Bay
    It's OK I did something very similar. Once you've got over the shock of being here and found your way around a bit, you'll feel much better. The list that Rani has given is great.
    I can recommend Dr Dawkins, he's calm and very professional. He put up with a barage of questions from me as I was very unsure of how things worked. As it turned out he didn't deliver my daughter as he was away on a conference. Sally Ferguson delivered her and I can't praise her more highly; she was fantastic. In response to your question how late can you leave getting the gynae, I met Sally Ferguson mid contraction at the hospital. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this but it can be done.
    I would also recomment a getting a doula to support you through the labour. I used Hulda Thorey from Annerley Midwives. Again she was fantastic. Finally the hospital I used was the Matilda. And not to sound like a stuck record but they were also superb.
    This was my second child and the experience I had here in Hong Kong was by far superior to the one I had at home in the UK,
    So good luck and don't worry