Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mandarin Montessori for 2.5yo

lkho is offline Registered User

Mandarin Montessori for 2.5yo

I am currently in Taipei but will be moving to HK June/2005. My 21mo is currently in a wonderful Mandarin-only Montessori here half-days 5days/week. I am looking for a similar school in HK. Any recommendations? We have no idea where we will live yet, so are not limited by that.

TIA!

vchua is offline Registered User
    Hi,

There is no Mandarin montessori school in HK. However, my daughter goes to International Montessori School and it's bilingual Montessori program: English and Mandarin. There are 2 teachers in the class: 1 native English speaker and 1 native Mandarin speaker. I am extremely happy with the school. You can check out http://www.montessori.com.hk/

If you apply now, you'd probably won't get the morning class in September. You might get the afternoon class.

Let me know if you need more info.

V

adachan is offline Registered User
    Would appreciate if anyone know of a Mandarin Montessori playgroup on HK Island. A friend of mine has a 2 year old and she's not ready to send her child to a Montessori preschool yet. She works so a couple of hours on Sat and/or Sunday would be OK. Thanks a lot !

Twinsmammie is offline Registered User
    I just came across Little Dynamites's ad on another site and they do Montessori playgroup for upto 3yrs old either in English or Mandarin.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    I believe the Woodlands in Repulse Bay & Mid levels have bilingual montessori classes. You might check out their website. http://www.woodlandschools.com/Landing.php

adachan is offline Registered User
    I just found out Woodland Montessori on Caine Road has a Saturday Mandarin class. Has anyone tried this before ? Thank you for your input.

run4fun is offline Registered User
    I am a both a parent and a Montessori teacher doing my practical, and there are several Montessori learning centers that I know in Hong Kong.

CHILDREN'S OWN WORKSHOP (Causeway Bay - Hysan Road Above starbuck). But only English Montessori for the moment. They do have daily classes. Don't think they have a website.

INFINITY CHILDREN'S WORLD - (Prince Edward and Tsuen Wan). Founders are AMS certified. Mon-Sat daily classes. They also have weekly seminar on Montessori and Jelic. The center will soon offer Madarin Montessori classes.
    http://infinitychildren.com

BEST CONCEPT (Tsim Sha Tsui) - Run by Taiwanese Teachers. Mon-Fri daily classes. It's Bilingual - Mandarin and English. Think they are AMS certified. Parent feedbacks says that it's more like 70-80% English and 20-30% Mandarin. Again, it might not be the same for every class.

You might want to check them out for yourself. Good luck!
    Last edited by run4fun; 08-28-2006 at 08:48 PM.

evelyn is offline Registered User
    Dear all,

I have heard Montessori in different occasions. Could you please share with me your experiences? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks!

Alice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast