Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kindermusik or Music Together for 10 month old?

damom is offline Registered User

Kindermusik or Music Together for 10 month old?

I'd like to enroll my 10 month old in a music playgroup. I've heard good things about Kindermusik by Kate's Kids Ltd. but that it might be more appropriate for older children (e.g. at least toddler age). Music Together has also been recommended to me, but I've heard very little about it. Has anyone tried either or both for your under 1 yr old baby? Which do you think is better?

Slee is offline Registered User
    My experience with Kindermusik is the opposite to the parents that you've talked to. Our daughter absolutely adored Kindermusik up to the age of 18 months, and learnt a lot from it.

rani is offline Administrator
    We did Music Together when D was 8 months and really enjoyed. The songs are really catchy and we still listen to the CDs every day.

Our reivew here:

http://www.geobaby.com/com/mxdirecto...usic-together/
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Sandra & Evan is offline Registered User
    Evan started Kindermusik when he was 3 months old, and we've continued for almost 1 year now. He loves it, has learnt a lot, and we also listen to the CDs almost everyday.

Hagrid is offline Registered User
    Would it be too early to attend a music playgroup at 3 months old? What are they going to do with such young babies who don't have much voluntary motor capability? My son is 3.5 months old and I wonder if he'd be interested.

Sandra & Evan is offline Registered User
    It's different for every child and parent, so it's best to go for a trial class (it's free) and see for yourself. For us, it was a great way to expose Evan to music, instruments, other babies, and also a routine.

toni is offline Registered User
    My daughter Keara has been going to Kindermusik since she was a few months old. She's now almost 3, and has a lovely appreciation for music of all descriptions. We listen to the course home CD's and play all sorts of other music at home. She enjoys singing songs that she has learnt and loves making up her own songs too!
    I would recommend a free trial class to see if it is what you are looking for.

Fafa is offline Registered User
    I have not sent my 2 daughters to Kidermusik which has so much good comments from my friends though. I did attend one of the music playgroups of Gymboree when my eldest one was 1.5 yr old.

My experiences told me that all classes, no matter in what nature, the teacher is the most important element to arouse the kids' attention. As long as the instructor is good and love the children, your kids will learn, grow and be happy! Otherwise........

The formula does not look like "Expensive Fees" = "Better".

Fafa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast