Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

bumbo baby seat

Rosewood is offline Registered User

bumbo baby seat

am thinking of getting one for my 4 mth old, has anyone else used one? is it a worthwhile buy ? It costs $399 in mothercare of bumps to babes.
    http://store.babycenter.com/product/...ter_seats/5701
    Last edited by Rosewood; 12-15-2004 at 05:48 PM.

Kate is offline Registered User
    I have one for my 5 month old, I'm sure I will use it a lot more in the next few months, at the moment he will only sit in it for brief periods as he seems to get tirerd of sitting so upright, it is however great for feeding (solids) as they can be just placed ontop of a table facing you, he also likes to sit on the kitchen worktop and watch me wash up etc, seems much happier being at eye level than on the floor. You can order them for $390 from the grobag asia website and they will deliver for a small fee.

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi Rosewood,
    I have a Bumbo for my 5 month old daughter. She loves it because she can see everything that's going on. She also has a bouncy chair, though prefers the Bumbo because she is sitting upright. She squeels with delight watching her brother playing. I can certainly recommend one.

Jools

Daizy is offline Registered User
    Hi, My son is now 4 months old and weighs 7 kilos. I really like the look of the bumbo baby sitter but on the grobagasia site it says Bumbos are suitable for children up to 10kg in weight. So, those of you who have this product, do you thin it's worthwhile for me to buy it? I am afraid my son will weigh 10 kilos in 3 months time.

hoping4b is offline Registered User

bumbaby

I bought one when my baby was 4 months and was initially excited because he seemed happy to sit there but then found the longest he could stay in it was 10 mins. At 6 months he was 9kg and it became hard to put him in and take him out as his legs get caught. I don't think they are worth buying. The age range on the pack is misleading unless you have a really small baby. You can probably only get a few months use.

Rosewood is offline Registered User
    I have since bought one, and agree with Daizy, the age range is meaningless, my daughter is 8 kilos and her legs also get caught, but maybe that is the design. I also find it hard to fit her into the seat when she is wearing more than 2 layers of clothing. Its not a must-have, but a nice-to-have, somewhere for her to sit other than the infant car seat.

Jasmin is offline Registered User
    I had a bumbo seat for my boy, but by the time he was 5 months old he could push himself out of it and tip backwards. OK so he is a bit taller than the average for his age but I found them dangerous.