Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mosquito Bite

Ching Lan is offline Registered User

Unhappy Mosquito Bite

Last night, a mosquito went into my little baby's room and bite him cruelly. Now, there are about 7 bumps on his little face. Poor boy. Are there any effective ways or products to eliminate those bumps? Thanks for your help.

Shirley is offline Registered User

Smile

Hi Ching Lan
    I use Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment on my daughter whenever shes been bitten. It clears it away very quickly. You can also use it for scratches and bumps as well. The ingredients in it are 95.70% natural. However buying it in Hong Kong is quite expensive. It costs HKD85 for a 0.6 oz tin (from Mannings in Causeway Bay). You can get the range from this website as the prices are much cheaper :
    http://www.anthong.com.hk (HKD49) and if you order over HKD300 its free otherwise there will be a charge of HKD15. Still cheaper even if you order that one item (this website however is in Chinese!).
    Hope your son gets better soon
    Take care

Fafa is offline Registered User

Hi there,

I think I have been recommended to buy that Ointment from Manning's before by my colleague. It was better than putting on steriod cream. Recently, I was introduced by another friend to aloe gel and this is the most effective and soothing formula for mosquito bites I ever seen.

My 2 little girls have very sensitive skins like her dad. After each bite, they have seious bumps with pores if I do not apply ointment immediately. Since I use that Aloe gel, the condition has much improved. And this is especially good as my friend asked me to put the gel in the refrigerator which makes the gel having a cooling effect.

In fact, my sister-in-law who lives in Hawaii also told me that aloe is good for rashes and skin problems. I found it also good for acnes, too. Much much better than the cream I got from the dermotologists.

Ching Lan is offline Registered User

Thanks a lot, Shirley and Fafa. I bought the Burt's Bee Res-Q Ointment last night and applied it to Hei Hei's little face. After one night, the bumps really seemed to be less serious this morning. How wonderful! I tried aloe (Forever Life and Herbal Life) but just found it doesn't work very well on Hei Hei (but me and my husband!). Diffferent kids just have different response to the same treatment. That's the headache of us, mothers!

Fafa is offline Registered User

Really? I am using NuSkin brand instead which I found best.

Cheers