- 12-27-2004, 05:31 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
- mid levels, hongkong
Hello to everyone,
I am very happy to say that I have already given birth to my daughter Zoe Anne, last Dec. 10, 2004! She was a bit too early, (36th week) and a bit small (5.9 lbs) but doc said she was okay and healthy despite.
That happy news aside, like all other mothers, I have to deal with some postpartum issues. First of which would be my postpartum belly. I had a C-section delivery and have been wearing an abdominal binder since then. My question is: how long do I need to wear it? I don't mind wearing it, I just don't want it to get spliced to my skin.
Another concern is: 2 weeks after delivery I had some bleeding. It was dark blood but it was a cause for concern for me. It only lasted 2 days though and it was not as heavy as a menstrual flow. Should I be concerned?
I would really appreciate it if I could get some answers. My doctor is on a holiday and I am (apparently) a novice mom. I could only turn to people at geobaby forum for help. Your experience and opinions are most welcome.
Thanks and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- 12-27-2004, 11:26 PM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2004
- Park Island
kyliedee, congrat for your new bundle of joy! Can't say I have much experience for I have only had my first baby 4 months ago. I wore the abdominal binder for about one month. My OB said it not only helps to shrink the belly, it also helps to put the pelvic bones back into pre-prenancy positions. So she suggested me to wear it for at least a month, longer if I am comfortable with it.
For your second concern, I also had c-section and had bleeding for several weeks after the delivery. The intensity of blood differed from day to day. Just when I thought the bleeding has stopped, it got worse again. So what you said seems normal, though you may want to check with your doctor when he's back from holiday. Hope it helps to relieve your concern.
- By miriam228 in forum Family HealthReplies: 19Last Post: 11-28-2009, 12:44 AM
- By Bashful in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
- By loveask in forum Family HealthReplies: 11Last Post: 08-28-2009, 11:27 AM
- By mea in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
- By bbc mom in forum Family HealthReplies: 11Last Post: 06-22-2006, 09:24 PM