Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Petty vent - PNS DB

jane01 is offline Registered User

Petty vent - PNS DB

Why is PNS (Disco Bay) unable to keep stocks of anything on its shelves? Yesterday they were out of:

* pampers premium XL nappies
    * J&J unscented baby wipes
    * wildalp water
    * most herbs, including parsley which I needed and the basil should have been thrown out
    * rigatoni
    * custard - they've been out of it for about 2 weeks, bad timing over Xmas
    * ripe avocados - I don't think I've ever seen a ripe one in there
    * I'm sure there are more that I can't think of

They are constantly running out of baby yoghurt, dishwasher powder, vanilla icecream and Huggies nappies, but surprisingly had some yesterday. They can be out of these things for months at a time. How hard can it be to keep stock??? How hard can it be to order some more when you run out? I order online a lot and consistently received about half of what I order, because they are out of stock. Pathetic. Especially when they are the only choice in DB. Also especially when most of these things aren't perishable.

Yes, I know it is a very petty vent given there are people dying in the world, but it just annoys me. Does anyone else find the same problems, with PNS DB or elsewhere?

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi Jane,
    I couldn't agree more, and because they run out so often I find that when they do have these things in the store I stock pile. I know I'm not the only one and therefore the stock runs out more quickly. It is very annoying, as you say they are the only supermarket in DB. There is nothing like competition to make a retailer start doing what the customer wants. Unfortunately PNS do not have the much needed competition. It does do good to blow off steam, maybe we should contact the manager directly to see if we can get something done. Failing that I've always found that if you contact the managing director of a company you always get results.
    Jools

rani is offline Administrator
    Doesn't Wellcome Online deliver to DB?

http://www.wellcomehk.com/
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Good idea Jools, here goes:

Dear Mr Li Ka Shing (OK I know he isn't the Managing director, just having fun)...

Rani, afraid not, this is from their website:

What if I live on the Outlying Islands?

Deliveries are only available to Yung Shue Wan, Lamma Island. Regardless of order size, all customers must also pay a third-party delivery fee of $4 per box from Kennedy Town to Yung Shue Wan public pier. Note that chilled and frozen foods are not yet available for delivery to Yung Shue Wan. Deliveries to Yung Shue Wan must be paid with credit card or an Options Wellcome Card. Cash and cheque payments are not accepted

Good idea though.

svasbt is offline Registered User
    jane01:

I once bought 10 packs of Jumbo Size Pampers from PNS in Tung Chung along with other things, and had them delivered to us right in D.B. It was easy enough, and Tung Chung store seems to have a lot more baby stuff.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info svasbt. I didn't know that PnS Tung Chung delivers to DB.

I still find it incredible that our local supermarket can't keep reasonable stocks of basic items. It is not like nappies and baby wipes are perishable. There are enough children in DB that keeping stocks must be financially advantageous. Of course it is not reasonable for me to expect a supermarket to have everything all the time, but when they run out of something they can run out of it for weeks and months. That is what I find astonishing.

Sara is offline Registered User
    jane01:

I just checked out the newly opened Mannings in the Plaza. And guess what... the price of Pampers there is even lower than in P 'N S. Lucky us now that we at least have one other choice...

Sara.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast