Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Ruebella shots

meejh is offline Registered User

Ruebella shots

Please help, need advice...
    I have not gotten my Ruebella shots and plan not to get them because I'm already 35 yrs old and desparately trying to get pregnant, can't wait another 3 or 4 months.
    From your experience, what are chances of catching Ruebella while going for your checkups? ie) might there be little children with Ruebella at those gov't clinics where you check up? is it better to strictly go to private doctors then? but may there be meascle children there as well...
    Please advise your experience at checkups, whether gov't or private...

jools is offline Registered User

Meejh,
    Personally I would get my reubella shots. 35 is not that old for trying for a baby and the risk of ruebella to the unborn child, I don't think is worth it. Ruebella can cause severe disablement to your child, and would you be prepared to live with the thought that a little more patience on your side in getting the shot would have prevented this. The price of more patience will be no risk to your unborn baby from ruebella.

Just an opinion, but I have 2 beautiful children of my own and would do absolutely nothing to put them at any risk either before or after they were born. Sorry to sound a little heavy but that's how I feel,

Jools

jools is offline Registered User

Hi me again,
    just needed to add, disease has no respect for private health care and if it arrives at the surgery it will infect whether you've paid for the privilege of seeing the doctor or not.

Jools

jane01 is offline Registered User

I'd certainly get the shots as well. As Jools says, Rubella causes horrible defects in unborn children. You'd never forgive yourself if something happened and you could catch it anywhere:- public, private, in the supermarket, on the bus or walking down the street.

Even at 35, 3 or 4 months extra waiting isn't going to make much difference. Although I understand that you are impatient (like me), I just wouldn't risk it.