Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Living on Borrett Road

Swoon is offline Banned

Living on Borrett Road

Is there anyone living on Borrett Road who can share how you like it? We are considering one of the govt. buildings but are not so sure how convenient the transportation is if you don't have a car. I've seen a mini-bus on the road but am afraid it will get packed with school kids from the Island School. Where does this mini bus go? Into Central or Wai Chai? Where can you catch it to get back to Borrett Road?

Would be grateful if anyone could share their experience of taking the mini-bus daily to and from Borret Road. Or how you like living on Borret Road.

muriel is offline Registered User
    Dear Bzee,

We live in one of the government flats on Borrett Rd. We love it. My partner works in Central and catches a taxi every morning and afternoon, they are always waiting at the security guard. We have a car but only use it on weekends as there is no point during the week - the transport options are just too easy to bother driving. The mini bus goes to Star Ferry opp Mandarin - there may be other destinations but that is the only one I catch. Be careful though as the ones at the top of the hill will probably be pulled down in October - what number are you thinking of?

Muriel

Swoon is offline Banned
    Thank u for the info Muriel. We were looking at 21-25 Borrett Road but have now found out that it is indeed one of the buildings that only rents until Oct. 2005, which means it'll be torn down I imagine.

Would you happen to know if there are any vacancies in your building or if there are any other govt. buildings on Borrett Road? We are really interested yet do not know how to find the available flats that are not going to be torn down or that we can rent for at least a year to two.

Would be grateful for any help or input.

muriel is offline Registered User
    All the buildings in 21-25 are only renting until Oct as they will probably (99% sayd the rumours in our building) be torn dorn. We are in one of those blocks, and there a few vacancies, but that is obviously b.c. they are being torn down. I don't think there are any other govt buildings in the street (well, not that I know of). Maybe wait until after Oct, and then if for some miracle they don't tear them down you can sign a 1-2 year lease.