Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

C-section at QMH or Pamela Youde

Hkmuma is offline Registered User

C-section at QMH or Pamela Youde

I am considering delivering my 3rd baby by elective c-section at QMH or Pamela Youde. (I have a solid medical reason for an elective) I would be interested in hearing about anyones experiences regarding c-section experiences elective or emergency at these hopsitals.

Were husbands permited in the operating theatre
    What was the post op care like
    How helpful were staff in regard to breast feeding after a c-section

Manythanks
    HKMuma

mum
    mum is offline Registered User
    I had an emergency c-section at QM almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately my husband was not allowed into theatre but I understand that this was because it was an unplanned emergency and he didn't have time to get ready. I would also be interested to hear about policies for elective c-sections at QM as I am due to deliver in a few months and there is a strong possibility that I will need a section again.
    I could not fault the after care at QM and I was able to breastfeed without any problems. This was despite the fact that my daughter was in the special care unit for 24 hours so I didn't actually get to feed or hold her until she was more than 12 hours old.

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User
    hello

my c-section at the qm was emergency and my husband was not allowed in teh operating theatre. however, friends of ours had a planned c-section baby and the husband was in the room the entire time!

i found the staff very helpful in terms of breast feeding and the post natal care to be as good as you would expect. they were quick to get my catheter out, and to encourage me to walk. they had a lactation consultant come in and help me get colostrum moving (i delivered at 26 weeks, my body REALLY needed coaxing to start lactating). i found them very good.

good luck, hk muma.

tess and seb's dad