Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

whats shaking over CNY?

a mom is offline Registered User

whats shaking over CNY?

just wondering what those who are in town over this holdiay are doing with their kids. is there anything special going on that kids might enjoy? i had a rather sorry day with our son, took him to see the incredibles. not only was i bored, but the poor little guy was scared! so we left and went to the park. which is fine, but there must be more!! any ideas appreciated.

carang is offline Registered User
    there are fireworks tomorrow night... and i believe there is a parade in TST...can't remember which day though

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    The web site for the Hong Kong Tourist Board is http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/index.jsp There are always lots of events going on to celebrate the New Year.

On Wednesday there is a Night Parade which starts from Tamar site in Admiralty (Hong Kong Island) and continues along Lung Wui Road, Fenwick Pier Street, Convention Avenue, Fleming Road, Harbour Road and back to Tamar. The time is 8pm-9:30pm. It is free along the route or you can pay $200 a ticket to sit in the seats put up specially for the event.

On Thursday evening at 8:00 pm there is a firework display in the harbour. We usually go down to the ferry piers in Central to watch it. Although there are loads of people along the harbour edges we stand in the middle of the bus terminal there (it has been closed for t he event) and get quite a good view. We've also been to see the fireworks in Wan Chai before but for us it is easier to get home from Central. It can take ages to get public transport away from the best viewing areas. I'm sure that there are also good places to watch the fireworks from Kowloon but we've never been so advantageous!

As with all events in Hong Kong these will be very crowded. Hope this helps.

Barb

a mom is offline Registered User
    thanks barb, especially for the public transport tip. your spot sounds good, we'll be there! now i just need to find something for daytime. no chance he'll sleep till evening!