Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Circumcision

Sherinna is offline Registered User

Red face Circumcision

I know that this subject is highly controversial but I have to ask as it was brought up to me at a gathering I recently attended when I was asked if I knew the sex of the baby (my 4th pregnancy and child). As I plan to have my baby at Queen Mary Hospital I had not thought of it earlier since I had my other 2 sons in a private hospital and my daughter was born at Pamela Youde Hospital (and as she is a girl circumcision was a non-issue). Has anyone experienced having their son in a government hospital and does anyone know the policy on circumcision? I would greatly appreciate any information (no judgements please as my husband & I have already decided AND my older boys are both circumcised). Should I try to contact the Jewish Association here in HK perhaps?

Daizy is offline Registered User
    Hi Sherinna, I recently got my son circumsized at a private clinic for a reasonable price. The doctor told me more and more young Chinese people have their children circumsized right after they are born so I think the hospital provides this service, it's included in the birth package. I think the Jewish association only does it for Jewish kids only. Perhaps you can call the hospital and ask them if they do it. Good Luck

rani is offline Administrator
    Sherinna,

I don't think the Gov't hospitals perform circumcisions on newborns. I think you need to schedule it later through the well-baby clinic. I could be wrong, best to re-confirm at your next ante-natal appointment.
    Last edited by rani; 02-11-2005 at 09:31 PM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Sherinna is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your information. I just contacted the Queen Mary hospital and was told they will not circumcise unless there is a valid medical reason for it. So I guess we will have to go private. If you don't mind could I get the name and contact details of the doctor you used for your son's circumcision? I doubt our insurance will cover it so the more reasonable the cost the better. If you don't mind too, could you tell me the cost of it? Much appreciated.

rani is offline Administrator
    Sherinna,

I believe Dr Eunice Wong and Dr Ghosh both perform circumsions.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com