Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Q for LLL leaders?

jane01 is offline Registered User

Q for LLL leaders?

I read somewhere (baby brain, can't remember where!) that LLL were writing a book on working women's experiences with b/f. Is this book available yet, or when will it be available? Sounds interesting, thanks.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Dear Jane,

LLLI are indeed working on a new book about working and beastfeeding but as you'll see from the attached message it is not ready for publication yet.

I have just recieved the following message from one of the Directors of LLLI. So if any of you have a story about working and breastfeeding please consider submitting it. Sorry about the short deadline.

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League Leader in Hong Kong

-----
    Hello All!

Nobody will ever be able to say that I didn’t try!

I believe you all know about the breastfeeding and work book that LLLI is pulling together with the collaboration of WABA and IBFAN. Stories have come in from all corners of the globe from mothers who have overcome all manners of challenges and come up with all kinds of solutions in order to continue breastfeeding in a work/employment situation!!

….All corners of the globe, that is, except only a few from Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe! According to Jennifer, the book editor who has been receiving all the stories (almost 300) the vast majority are from the USA with a good number from Latin America and Europe.

If you have a story to tell or know a woman who does, please either forward this email to her; call her; fax her; or somehow encourage her to write her story and send it to Jennifer Hicks [email protected]

Basically, you or she needs to tell how you/she managed – who supported you/her – what challenges or problems you/she surmounted – why you/she was determined to breastfeed. We need the story to include the kind of information that will help another mother make the decision to NOT stop breastfeeding upon returning to work but, instead, to figure out how breastfeeding can be continued. It is important to the book that the baby was fed exclusively breast milk and we like to know that the baby has been breastfed for at least one year and we are looking for experiences that are currently taking place or happened within the past 5 years.

Although the selection committee is already beginning to read the stories that have come in and will be starting to select those that will be featured in the book, personally, I would not want to have these regions of the world under-represented!!! We are setting a deadline of February 21st for additional stories to come in from these regions, so please we need your help!

Thank you!

Warm Regards,
    Rebecca
    -----

jane01 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the prompt reply !

Sorry, no story from me. I took extended maternity leave (12 months - I know, unheard of in HK) and my daughter self weaned before then. I have always wondered how working mothers manage it and this sounds like an interesting book. I will look out for it in future. If it is not too much trouble, would you mind posting on this site when it is available?

Thanks again

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    I'll try my best to remember to let you know when it is ready.
    And, of course, we will have copies in our libraries that members can borrow.
    Best wishes,
    SARAH

Scroll to top