Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: What Type of Thermometer Do You Use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thermometers

capital is offline Banned
    the ear thermometers are not meant for babies, you cannot get an accurate reading as they are so small you cannot get a good seal and the right angle to take a measurement. I use a plain jane digital under the arm thermometer. Actually I rarely use one anymore. Afterawhile you can tell if your child is fine, has a mild fever, or a bad fever by touching them. I only use it if I think they have a bad fever to see if i AM RIGHT or wrong

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    I have 1 digital, 2 ear thermometers and 1 old fashioned mercury ones. I have the same issues with erractic readings, but I still rely on the ear ones, since bubs can't sit still for his reading and thats the only way we can get some sort of reading from him.

What is this thing , huh? I have not been feeling very since March - is it the weather or just me?

Neha is offline Banned
    Just bought the Braun ear thermometer as our ped suggested it. She has a chart which gives us the temperatures reading using ear, anal, oral thermometers as each will give u a different reading

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    We have the Braun Thermoscan. Same here with erratic readings, but they don't differ by a mile, just a few decimal points or so and we just take the average.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    In London, they say you should not even need to use a thermometer for the first 6 months. you just feel the baby's back and you know instantly if he/she is heating up. We bought an ear one anyways and I hate it. It's hard to stick in my now 1 yr old's ear and when I took him into the doctor's in Central, the doctor just stuck up the good old fashion one in his little butt which I still think is the most accurate.

jelita78 is offline Registered User
    same here..
    me using Braun Ear Thermoscan too..
    very quick and reliable ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top