Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any oversea IVF patient? Why choose H.K?

kkkk1997 is offline Registered User

Any oversea IVF patient? Why choose H.K?

I am considering coming to Hong Kong from Silicon Valley (California) for my first IVF with ICSI. Any oversea IVF patient would like to share their experience? The cost of IVF in United State is far more than oversea, but the success rate is not much different. I am researchig on the technology aspect and try to find out which facility or nation is more advance. We will love to hear from anyone who choose to have IVF in Hong Kong. BTW we plan to go with Dr Milton Leong at the Sanitorium Hospital. Any input and sharing are highly appreciated.
    Katie Young

juicy is offline Registered User

US Vs HK

Are you coming to HK for a reason other than IVF? I'm asking because I hope you realise that you have to commit to staying here in HK for 3 weeks for an IVF cycle, so you have to add in the cost of accommodation etc

I've had experience with IVF in both the US and HK. IVF in HK is cheaper than in the US - about HK$70000 per cycle. The drugs are also cheaper. The success rate depends on the particular centre, and the Sanatorium has the highest success rates when compared with all the IVF centres in HK. Dr Milton Leong is of course a good choice being the man who brought IVF to HK, but a word of warning - he's very busy and often out of town. Luckily his partner Dr Alex Doo is also an excellent IVF doc/OBGYN - he's very nice and knowledgeable, so he'll look after you well in Dr Leong's absence. Hope that helps.

Last edited by juicy; 06-24-2005 at 01:55 AM.

hoping4b is offline Registered User

ivf in HK

Agree with the comments of the previous post. HK is a good place for ivf and my recent one cost about hk$75k. The Sanitorium is slightly old now, but spotlessly maintained and the professionalism is excellent. My Dr is Philip Ho who is also first class. I guess your husband will come over at the right time to supply sperm, of course it can be frozen in advance at the Sanitorium. Best of luck.

echance is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy
    Are you coming to HK for a reason other than IVF? I'm asking because I hope you realise that you have to commit to staying here in HK for 3 weeks for an IVF cycle, so you have to add in the cost of accommodation etc

I've had experience with IVF in both the US and HK. IVF in HK is cheaper than in the US - about HK$70000 per cycle. The drugs are also cheaper. The success rate depends on the particular centre, and the Sanatorium has the highest success rates when compared with all the IVF centres in HK. Dr Milton Leong is of course a good choice being the man who brought IVF to HK, but a word of warning - he's very busy and often out of town. Luckily his partner Dr Alex Doo is also an excellent IVF doc/OBGYN - he's very nice and knowledgeable, so he'll look after you well in Dr Leong's absence. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for your good advice to the initial poster. I am curious though how much is IVF in the States?

Wills is offline Registered User

I am just looking at the cost of IVF in Asia and I am surprised is so expensive in HK. We are currently in the middle of our first cycle and it costs around A$3k for stimulated cycle for locals here in Australia. A$8k (around HK$45k I believe) for foreigners.

http://www.mivf.com.au/ivf/fees/overseas.asp