Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dr. Woo Sai Kit

fridayma is offline Registered User

Smile Dr. Woo Sai Kit, Joseph

Hi everyone, I have been visiting Dr. Joseph Woo for my prenatal check up. I like him as he explains things to you if you have doubts and his 2 nurses there are very nice.

For every ultrasound scan visit, it costs from $500-800 including pills (Folic acid and vitamins). At the end of Jun, I will have him for the Amnio and blood test for about $6000. I've check with my friends and they said the price is reasonable for a private OB.

I do not spend extra time and energy to find another doctor for comparsion as his clinic is close to where I live. He also provide the baby delivery service as I know some OBs that they only provide you the prenatal service. For the actual delivery, they will refer you to another doctor.

Hope the information is helpful for your reference at this moment.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    mamaS, i didn't see this thread until now.
    yes, have given birth and baby is 9mths old already. i gave birth at the Adventist, with Dr. Woo. my experience was quite good with the Dr. i LOVED adventist though.
    i ended up having to do an emergency c-section, coz i wasn't progressing at all after like 7 hrs. Dr. Woo was good throughout the birth and also in the few days of care after the birth, when Dr. Woo came by to visit daily. btw, the c-section scar was good and low as well.
    we had some confusion, with a bad insurance plan with regard to fees, but i had agreed to pay more to the Dr. than i thought i would afterwards, since i thought i did receive good care from Dr. Woo.
    i wasn't sure tho if i was measured for pelvis size vs. baby's head size before, since i think that was why i wasn't progressing. i know friends of mine have that measured, and i didn't remember doing it. just wondering if he would've recommended a c-section instead of waiting for the emergency c.
    i'm not so upset about that anyways, since i'm glad i got the chance to take a shot at natural birth, at least i tried. he's still my gynie and his nurses are excellent and very nice too.

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your feedback, i'm actually seeing him for my prenatal. He's good and a straight forward kind of doctor.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    fridayma, i was with Dr. Woo two years ago. re-scouting for another OBGYN for the next baby, and we are leaning towards going back to him. However, as my payment plan was very muddled last time, more the fault of my insurance. Are there any recent patient of his that could give some insight on how much is he charging for delivery (for the different types of rooms)? and other costs involved? all i knew was that average visits are $500-$800.

does he offer packages?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top