Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dr. Woo Sai Kit

alfreda_yu is offline Registered User

Dr. Woo Sai Kit

Looking for experiences with a Dr. Woo Sai Kit in Central. I had him as my OB for normal check-ups and liked him, but would like to get more info on him for prenatal care and delivery if any of your have experiences with him.

thanks,
    alf

Chy
    Chy is offline Registered User

Dr Woo Sai Kit, Joseph

Hi, has anyone heard of any feedbacks or have seen Dr Joseph Woo gyno/ob in Central? A girlfriend had him operate on a case of endometriosis and highly recommends him. I am hoping to hear from anyone who has consulted him for pregnancy matters. Thanks!

Chy
    hi alf, sorry but i didn't realize you had already posted a similar thread for Dr Woo, I keep referring to his English name so didn't notice. i'm also looking for experiences with Dr Woo but since i'm still trying to get pregnant, i need a gyno for a normal check-up. can you tell me if he's expensive, how much does he charge for consultation & general check-up, say pap smear? thanks!

kellyst is offline Registered User

Dr. Joseph Woo

Hi Chy,

(this is alf logging in under a different name...)
    sorry i can't tell you too much about cost since i was going by insurance when i had him as my gyno. so most of the tests were covered by insurance. i think i did pay for my lab test for the pap smear, paid the lab something like $200-300, couldn't remember exactly, it wasn't too much.

i'm under an insurance package now for my pregnancy, i pay for some extras that's not covered, e.g. an extra ultrasound was $300 last time.

so i would guess that he's not that expensive overall, reasonable prices, but i haven't been making that many actual payments.

--alf

Chy
    alf, thanks a lot for getting back to me, i was told that he doesn't charge as much as some of the others...just that the costs of consultations & check-ups in HK can really be overwhelming. in Aust. i have private medical cover so i am able to claim for nearly all the bills. anyway, have you decided to see him for prenatal care & delivery?

kellyst is offline Registered User

more comments...

Hi Chy,

yes i have decided to see him for prenatal and delivery and it's going well. with charging, he does seem have more reasonable prices than some of the others quoted on this newsgroup.

i have a package from my insurance where i pay around 20K for checkups and delivery. even the doctor says this is a good deal compared to his separate charging. i still have to pay for some extras but at least most of the doc's fee is covered with the package. i'm in my 7th month already and it's going well, no complaints.

i really liked him as a gyno, very very efficient, my pap was literally over before i knew it. i was treated for an infection at the same time back then and when he was done, i was like, huh, did you do my pap? and he's like, yeah, done already. (my last gynaecologist took forever...)

would suggest you call to see how much a normal checkup will cost and see if you mesh with him and want to stick with him for your pregnancy, nice doc and nurses in general. hope this helps.

--alf

Chy
    hi kellyst/alf, thank you so much for the info, i'll definitely give Dr Woo's clinic a call. i wish you all the best with your pregnancy!

mamaS is offline Registered User
    Hi Kellyst and chy,

I just want to ask how is Dr. Woo for prenatal and delivery? you must have both have given birth by now, does he has a package, how much is his delivery fee? thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top