Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Burning Incense

M2M
    M2M is offline Registered User

Burning Incense

Hi,

I joined the Geoexpat forum. Nice to see you all. I like to get some opinion regarding the burning incense.

I have this co-worker of mine in the office she always burning the incense for praying everyday. Her seat exactly beside me. And right now I'm pregnant 4 months. Is it safe to inhale the smoke of the incense for my baby everyday?

Thanks for your help.

Maya

crystal is offline Registered User
    Dear Maya,

I think you should avoid inhale the incense. I'm afraid the incense contains toxin.

cy

Vivian is offline Registered User

Smile

I agree with Crystal. I have read some articles about it before. It may cause serious problem to pregnant women. So it's better to stay away from it.

M2M
    Hi Crystal and Vivian,

Thanks for the advices. I have personally to person but she still burned for about 2 days, so I have to talked to my boss. The boss talked to her directly and after that she not burned any incense anymore. Hoping that she will keep in mind that she can not do those things inside the office.
    But at the end she is put the bad face every day to me. So I really think she is not really nice person.

Cheers, Maya

jools is offline Registered User
    Hi M2M,
    I think you took the right action. I wouldn't concern yourself with the bad looks from your colleague. The health of your baby is the only thing that is important right now and her bad looks can't do anything about that. Keep smiling and enjoy your pregnancy,

Jools

M2M
    Thanks Jools.

marciaxu is offline Registered User

Definitely No

I have been told by my OG that certain incense will actually trigger miscarriages. A pregnant woman and new born should always avoid incense. Even after baby is born, the scent would be too strong for their little nose. Take care

Marcia